Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

Had this pop up on FB and it has GREAT reviews by all those who are running one. I do like it in some ways. But I'd for sure retain my old parts for that just in case.

1671210252487.png

1671210300173.png

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/pr...r-ford-f-250-2008-2016?variant=41693532618938

Reactions: reddvltj
It's got a little snow on it right now, but I need to get the hood clean off and hook up the dual battery tender I have so it's taken care of for the winter. I really don't plan on driving it too much this winter. Once spring hits and the Jeep is finished, I've got a list of things I want to get done to it. And then hopefully I can start to travel some.

20221218_131142.jpg

we;re freezing our nuts off. We're in Toledo for Christmas. The weather guessers are saying this is going to be the coldest Christmas in a decade. I parked the Escape Pod in the MIL's driveway, the MIL is in a Nursing facility, she has dementia pretty bad. So we are staying her condo. We have to take to the Escape pod to Wakarusa Il on Jan 2nd for a few factory warranty repairs. The front shade over the front bunk, literally fell down. the dining room slide has been a huge PITA, the factory "forgot" to install the bulb gasket that protects the control wire to the slide motor, so the wire got pinched and shorted out the motor and the controller, I got a new motor off Amazon, for a third of what Thor wanted for it, and I ordered a new cable, but they have been a PITA, so Im going to have the factory fix the damn slide. Then in March Im taking it to Vroom Engineering in Tucson, to have their slide system installed. Vroom, is twice as heavy duty as schwintek. its going to be expensive, but it should fix all our slide issues. Oh ya, the Ghirad Instant on water heater fires up. but back fires, spits and sputters. so Im going to have them fix that as well.
Other than that, I LOVE this motorcoach. the 6.7L powerstroke with the alison 10sp is an awesome motor. I can climb a 7% grade with no problem, I can even pass cars going up hill,

Damn @Wildman yall get sideways and upside down snow? :oops: Count me out, I'll stay in the South.
View attachment 385401

It's a Love/Hate relationship on my part. There are times the white stuff is OK and other times when I really want nothing to do with it. But I'm ready to only visit the white stuff when I feel like it and be somewhere that is warmer.

Unburied the hood again this morning and popped it to put the battery tender on the batteries. It's only supposed to get down to -7* tonight so I also plugged in the block heater. I hadn't started the rig for over a month so I also started it just to make sure things were OK. To my surprise it did start.

20221221_122654.jpg

Unburied the hood again this morning and popped it to put the battery tender on the batteries. It's only supposed to get down to -7* tonight so I also plugged in the block heater. I hadn't started the rig for over a month so I also started it just to make sure things were OK. To my surprise it did start.

View attachment 385972

Looks cold, My sun and I supposed to go up there for New Years to stay at my brothers place with him and his family (they have some property on Peoh Point) to ride his sleds. I wasn’t too excited about getting the camper all loaded and de-winterized but it sounds like he has room in the 5th wheel.

Looks cold, My sun and I supposed to go up there for New Years to stay at my brothers place with him and his family (they have some property on Peoh Point) to ride his sleds. I wasn’t too excited about getting the camper all loaded and de-winterized but it sounds like he has room in the 5th wheel.

Supposed to be around 35* on the New Years. What would suck is if we were to get all the rain and ice they are saying we might get. They predict up to 1/2" of frozen ice/rain plus 4-8" of new snow between now and the end of the year.
Riding sleds is fun but I don't have one anymore as it'd sit more than I'd use it.

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj
Getting the motorhome ready to take over for the new electric awning to get installed. Found out I had a low tire so had to rig up a air hose to run out to the coach. Will have to take it to the tire shop and get it repaired.

Hopefully I'll be traveling soon.

Coming to Arizona? the north part of the state is still in freezing temps. Ironwood NM is outside of Tucson is warmer, but the lowes are in the high 30's /low 40's at night. So make sure your propane is full and your furnace works. It gets cold out here in the wilderness

camper.jpg

Coming to Arizona? the north part of the state is still in freezing temps. Ironwood NM is outside of Tucson is warmer, but the lowes are in the high 30's /low 40's at night. So make sure your propane is full and your furnace works. It gets cold out here in the wilderness

View attachment 399371

AZ & other warmer southern states once the Jeep is finished. It'd be fun to be in FL and spend a Christmas with my grandkids.