Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

A little TOO much...

Well I've got a 50" which was the largest I could fit in my area above the bunk but in the coach it's like the 75" I have in my livivng room.

80631370.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Finally got the call from the RV dealer yesterday that my coach was done. They'd ran into a SNAFU with the awning. The manufacturer didn't include the mounting hardware with it. So they'd had to order the hardware which took more time.
I'll post pictures once I pick it up and let you all know how I like the awning.

Finally got the call from the RV dealer yesterday that my coach was done. They'd ran into a SNAFU with the awning. The manufacturer didn't include the mounting hardware with it. So they'd had to order the hardware which took more time.
I'll post pictures once I pick it up and let you all know how I like the awning.

this is an industry wide issue.
"Oh you have a service issue, bring the coach in, we'll diagnose the problem, then we'll order the parts. That should take 4 to 6 weeks, then call for an appointment to install said parts, that will take another 4 weeks, then once we have your coach, it will be at least a week to get your shit installed"

trust me, that's exactly how it works, and that's why 99% of my problems, I fix myself 🤬

Reactions: Zorba and reddvltj
"Oh you have a service issue, bring the coach in, we'll diagnose the problem, then we'll order the parts. That should take 4 to 6 weeks, then call for an appointment to install said parts, that will take another 4 weeks, then once we have your coach, it will be at least a week to get your shit installed"

trust me, that's exactly how it works, and that's why 99% of my problems, I fix myself 🤬

Something my folks learned the hard way, was to stay away from the large chain RV repair shops!! Camping world had their '01 Beaver for 5 months after promising to have the repairs done in less than 6 weeks. They found a smaller shop in the same city that has consistently been done on time or before their estimated repair times, not to mention they have a lower labor rate.

Reactions: Jmac00

This was a new install. The coach came with a electric awning from Host. But it must have broken at some point and the PO had installed a manual awning. I HATE trying to put up those manual awnings alone. OK with 2 people but IMO still a PITA.
So when they redid the roof I'd also requested a electric awning be installed. They'd ordered it last July but of course it was backordered. It had finally came in around Christmas time. I couldn't bring the coach over due to snow.
So in February I'd dropped it off. So this has nothing to do with the dealership. They'd ordered the awning and figured it would come with the mounting hardware.

I used to work for a RV dealer so I'm familiar with how things work.

Reactions: reddvltj
sweet, carefree awnings are made in Colorado. Does that one have the automatic retract feature. Ours does that, it supposed to retract automatically if the wind speed hit 10mph? IDK if it works or not, I never deploy the thing if its windy.

No my understanding is that this one doesn't have a wind sensor.
I wish it did.
I'm in awe

You're funny 😁

That rig is just plain cool, Brother.

Thanks Jeff,

Here's the awning retracted in. Installation was only $500 & the awning was $2500 plus $255 shipping.

20230327_174449.jpg

20230327_174505.jpg

I'd stopped at the CAT scale on the way home also. Now my water tank is empty because it was drained for the winter so add 8lbs X 60 gallons. Not as heavy as I thought it was but still not a lightweight.

20230327_155632.jpg

Been working on trying to diagnose a problem with the cooling system. I'm blowing coolant out of the degas bottle.

1) Bad radiator cap
2) Bad thermostats, yes this engine has 2.
3) Clogged oil cooler. Mine appears OK.
4) Blown head gasket, fingers crossed that it isn't this.
5) Cracked heads. Again fingers crossed that it isn't this.

But with everything I've done up til now this would be my SWAG as why the PO sold the rig.

I've been following a thread where another person has pulled the heads of a truck with the cab on. He's figured he's got about 20 hours removing the heads. So not a huge deal but not fun either.

Been working on trying to diagnose a problem with the cooling system. I'm blowing coolant out of the degas bottle.

1) Bad radiator cap
2) Bad thermostats, yes this engine has 2.
3) Clogged oil cooler. Mine appears OK.
4) Blown head gasket, fingers crossed that it isn't this.
5) Cracked heads. Again fingers crossed that it isn't this.

But with everything I've done up til now this would be my SWAG as why the PO sold the rig.

I've been following a thread where another person has pulled the heads of a truck with the cab on. He's figured he's got about 20 hours removing the heads. So not a huge deal but not fun either.

That stinks! I keep getting deeper and deeper into my rebuild, and keep finding mouse shit in the walls. I'm trying REALY hard to stay short of gutting it and starting over...but I'm teetering on the edge. Wifey wants to use it this year yet...and If I gut it, I think its gonna take a year off of camping.

Get that Jeep finished first, then work on the MH. Good luck on the pressure check.

Reactions: Wildman
That stinks! I keep getting deeper and deeper into my rebuild, and keep finding mouse shit in the walls. I'm trying REALY hard to stay short of gutting it and starting over...but I'm teetering on the edge. Wifey wants to use it this year yet...and If I gut it, I think its gonna take a year off of camping.

Get that Jeep finished first, then work on the MH. Good luck on the pressure check.

Yes the Jeep needs to be finished first. I have my truck to tow it with and I can tent camp if I have to. Just SUCKS...
Will know more in a few days once it warms up enough to me wanting to be out there checking stuff. Hopefully it's simple but if not I'll deal with it.
I don't WANT to spend another winter up here but will if I have to. New heads & fancy oiling valve covers that help with the rockers not wearing as much add up to almost $10K once I get everything. Of course if I have to pull it all down I'm going to improve anything I can prior to reassembly.
Which means O-ring cut heads & better rockers. Plus if I'm in there I might as well do the oil cooler correctly. There are kits to change it from the stock setup.

Will need to take the motorhome for a short drive to get it up to temperature so I can use this to test the cooling system.

20230404_180214.jpg

I'd bought this when I was having the overheating issues with my Jeep. But once it was was if you took the radiator cap off it'd just blow the coolant out of the radiator.

Will need to take the motorhome for a short drive to get it up to temperature so I can use this to test the cooling system.

View attachment 413309

I'd bought this when I was having the overheating issues with my Jeep. But once it was was if you took the radiator cap off it'd just blow the coolant out of the radiator.

what if the coolant is yellow to start with?