How annoying!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Occasionally I'll be selling something on a forum and forget to take down the for sale post. Such is the case with a supercharger I was selling for a BMW M3 I used to own 3 years ago.

Sure enough, I get a call tonight from some guy in Oklahoma asking me if I still had the M3 supercharger for sale. I tried my best to remain calm by telling him, "Sorry man, but I sold that thing 3 years ago... Didn't you see the post date?".

But really... Who would be so stupid? Does he really think I still have something I was selling 3 years ago? Or was he just so oblivious he didn't even bother looking at the post date.

Grrr... This has happened to me on more than one occasion for different things I was selling. The funny thing is that they're always guys that are calling 3-4 years after the post was originally made.

Anyone else experience this?

Some of my best buys are from guys who posted "for sale" years ago... never sold... and were willing to sell for any kind of cash.
Irritating if you sold in 3 months. A windfall for the guy buying from a guy who gave up and parked it in the barn.

Irritating part is websites that don't delete postings after 3 months. Kijiji emails every month to confirm your post is still valid.

Reactions: Chris
3 months I totally understand, but 3-4 years is nuts.

I've also had ads go undeleted by certain websites as well. Seems kind of silly that after several years these guys wouldn't just take down ads.

I've had that happen before, and am also guilty of doing that too. A lot of times if I'm looking for something, I'll do a search in the sales section. I don't always think to check the date that it was posted though, lol.

Craigslist drops the ad after a month so generally they are fairly current on their site. Just sold my old Makita miter saw this morning, so little by little I'm clearing out.

Anyone need an engine for a Triumph TR6