How are the Rear Cargo Footman Loops Attached?

jjvw

useless stäff member
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
How are the rear footman loops attached to the cargo bed? It almost looks like a rivet.
20200112_140548.jpg

That would be my take buddy... I've never looked at mine up close.

Knowing the seat brackets are prone to rust... Having rivets you would drill out might be a favor they did us .

That would be my take buddy... I've never looked at mine up close.

Knowing the seat brackets are prone to rust... Having rivets you would drill out might be a favor they did us .

Seat brackets and belts are on their way out. I did break one bolt.

Guess I'll drill these out. Thanks!

Reactions: AndyG
My Jeep doesn't have any of these .. not sure if there PO removed them. I want to add a couple to serve as tie down anchors.

There should be eight of them. My thought is to drill out the funny looking rivets and fill the hole with a nutsert. This is part of my toolbox install.

They are in fact just rivets. I removed mine by drilling off the head.

Reactions: jjvw
Were these ever used by Jeep to hold anything ? I have used them a few times to hold my cooler in place.

Were these ever used by Jeep to hold anything ? I have used them a few times to hold my cooler in place.
With each new TJ sold, there is a bag with 4 short black straps with buckles on one end. They are used to hold down the windshield streamer bars in the back with those footman loops when the windshield is folded down.

Reactions: psrivats
Mine are held in with torx head bolts. Haven't removed them to know if underneath is a nutsert or they are just screwed to the floor.
06 Rubicon.

Mine are held in with torx head bolts. Haven't removed them to know if underneath is a nutsert or they are just screwed to the floor.
06 Rubicon.

I thought they were torxes too. ;)

With each new TJ sold, there is a bag with 4 short black straps with buckles on one end. They are used to hold down the windshield streamer bars in the back with those footman loops when the windshield is folded down.
What are "windshield streamer bars "

06 Rubicon.

Picture?? I can't imagine the factory changing that on the last model year.