How are you flying your flag?

What was I thinking? Asking about the flag on Independence Day weekend.
For anyone else who finds the thread, whatever you do, don't hang one so large as to drag it on the ground or through the mud on the trail. Seen that a few times. Im sure the intentions are good, but some folks just don't seem to get it. It's the flag, fly it, correctly. It's not a bumper sticker or a larry the cable guy skit.

Mine is on the front porch. Not a huge fan of flags on the road , especially the big ones that seem to say “hey, look at me” but Old Glory is a welcome site to my eyes any time.

I love our flag. I love what it represents. I love what has been accomplished over the years under it.

America peaked morally about 1955, and we are far away from what the founding fathers intended in many ways.......but I’m thankful it is still here and works as well as it does.

Nothing on earth has worked this well, this long, for so many.

I know it is a dream.... but if we could just glimpse, as a nation, what a precious thing we have, maybe people would shut up and start working to preserve it.

Part of why I like a Jeep is it is ours. It is so American.

767D87A7-C83D-49D3-87B2-9369C6888248.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you ever get around to mounted this? Was wondering how you liked it.

Yes, I mounted it on a Teraflex rear light CB bracket.

It looks good but I’ve not run it. It’s a whip flag so I’m looking forward to going to sand hollow some day where it’s required.

Their mounting system is really good. I need a normal height flag to use on it.

I’d get pictures but I’m 1000 miles from the Jeep at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: Texas-TJ and RINC
Yes, I mounted it on a Teraflex rear light CB bracket.

It looks good but I’ve not run it. It’s a whip flag so I’m looking forward to going to sand hollow some day where it’s required.

Their mounting system is really good. I need a normal height flag to use on it.

I’d get pictures but I’m 1000 miles from the Jeep at the moment.

Is it 7-8' tall?

Its sad in Ca most people who have a flag get their car vandalized. It hasnt happened to me yet "knock on wood"

• Face Palm
Reactions: Ocho
So if I mounted it to the tire carrier mount it would stick up above the Jeep around 3-4'

So if I Mounted it on my tire carrier mount it would fly above the Jeep about 4'

View attachment 411691

Yeah, if mounted near the top.

I normally run the CB antenna mounted flags. From forever wave.

9D095501-401E-4427-A317-13EE3E490572.jpeg

Doesn’t Silver lake require it up front?

Orange flags​

An orange, rectangular safety flag (minimum 5" X 10" and made of a solid material - not mesh) that is 10-foot in height at standstill and 8-foot in motion must be securely bolted, welded or secured in the following location:
  • Vehicles requiring a seat belt: mount on front-most portion of the vehicle.
  • Vehicles not requiring a seat belt: mount on the rear of the vehicle.

Reactions: Apparition