How bad is this rust

Yeah...The evil rust monster. I'm replacing my oil pan...its NASTY.

This is about the worst of it. Its not completely perforated, but dang close...Living in Michigan, I've dealt with my fair share of seized and broken bolts. Its just a fact of life here. You want to live where everyone has water and we have 4 beautiful seasons, there aren't really any critters (bugs) that can kill you? Yeah, screw you. We're going to slowly decompose every durable good you have.

MK0Kvv-U71qcyvomcL1Yvl_PJeB3h1Da86orsAlwk5fL-g-1xou4s8Nx6RCq3DSeHXddn3vOiZFZPccmhD=w1133-h638-no.jpg

I'm looking at a 2003 Rubicon and was sent these pics. Trying to get more.....

Dennis, I strongly suggest that you stay clear of that Jeep. You can see from the one circular factory hole (in the frame) that its already rusting / flaking from the inside out. And its not just the frame, its on the tub too. You can clearly see that steel frame rails are already compromised.

Simply not worth the cost and work when you include body damage. Thats my humble opinion. Replacing metal is the best way to repair rust damage. And it’s not cheap! Sometimes not effective either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its Paint flaking from being repainted, not a crack. You want to see something scary, stick a borescope in any TJ frame, just because its pretty on the outside, doesn't mean the inside doesn't look the same as this one.

Reactions: Starrs and Chris
20180126_201951.jpg
20180126_194918.jpg

Working on repainting my frame... this is what is hiding under paint that has been compromised. Its still solid, but if i were not going through this, its well on it's way to being junk. Believe it or not, this didn't look to terrible when I started.

Reactions: Chris
I bought a 2000 tj here in ontario canada and have been dealing with the rust or as most say slowing it down. Opened up the bottom rail and having said that it is the only way to deal with a rusty frame. If you have a really solid frame please drill drain holes,then tape over once a year and fill it with oil and drive it around for awhile ,remove the tape to drain and get down on your knees and thank your lucky stars. I just saw a new 4 door wranger yesterday with a rusty frame already.Up here they are almost $50000 new.I can't believe how bad that will look in 10 years.

When I got my 03 TJ Sahara in RI almost 7 years ago, it was in decent shape. But not to long ago had to replace windshield frame, rusted bad. Long story short I started fuild filming my frame for almost 4 years now. Stuff stops rust in its tracks, frame in great shape!
292281e32001e1808b7fc7bb7568dd4d.jpg
1743462a78a9a9a71f72ace58d3f39ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CBRacerX