How can I convert my non-subwoofer console to a subwoofer console?

adam24r

Heyo,
So I have the non-subwoofer center console, but bought the subwoofer insert but can’t figure out how to get the tub out... just when I thought the star tools were bad enough 😓

any thoughts?
956697D4-26FE-47F5-A7D9-C1D0A702005A.jpeg
2B7878AE-C5B4-4F28-BD9A-7654EB5B456F.jpeg
2CA0D2CB-A35E-495D-B5A5-E17E4D6BDAC5.jpeg
108134B4-734B-4F13-A34C-07EDC4CD4A2C.jpeg

Drill out the 4 "rivets" and the big storage bin will separate from the console.

Also, yes, there is a smaller storage bin that gets attached to the console in the same spot as the big storage bin. Plus, it has a couple screws that go through the bottom into the top of the subwoofer case.

Did your subwoofer case come with the 2 mounting brackets?

see my post here:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-tj-today.1784/post-786286

If I had to do it over I would DEFINITELY put the sub under the seat and keep the console for storage. SERIOUSLY. You will have sooo little storage with the sub stuffed in there. Buy or build a sub box. The bonus is you get a bigger box so you get better sound too. It's like a win-win-win! 👍🥳

Reactions: Irun
If I had to do it over I would DEFINITELY put the sub under the seat and keep the console for storage. SERIOUSLY. You will have sooo little storage with the sub stuffed in there. Buy or build a sub box. The bonus is you get a bigger box so you get better sound too. It's like a win-win-win! 👍🥳
^^^^ The storage in the console with subwoofer is a pathetic joke. You can barely fit a cell phone and wallet in there. I made the mistake of buying a Tuffy subwoofer console, and basically paid a lot of money for a place to put the subwoofer, that had almost no lockable storage. If at all possible, find someplace else to put it!

Thanks for the advice! I really just use my center console as a trash bin at the moment lol so I don’t mind. Plus I put one of those lockable storage containers under my drivers seat. Will keep ya updated with my build 🙏🤞

Drill out the 4 "rivets" and the big storage bin will separate from the console.

Also, yes, there is a smaller storage bin that gets attached to the console in the same spot as the big storage bin. Plus, it has a couple screws that go through the bottom into the top of the subwoofer case.

Did your subwoofer case come with the 2 mounting brackets?

see my post here:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-tj-today.1784/post-786286
Super helpful thread! Thxxxx 🙏 I have the two mounting brackets, but don’t have the right center console housing, but am gonna try it anyways since I hardly use my console as it is

Reactions: GEEP4ME
You'll also want to add some holes in the side of your console where the speaker sits.
Might have been better off selling yours and starting over.

You'll also want to add some holes in the side of your console where the speaker sits.
Might have been better off selling yours and starting over.
My console actually already has the slats where the subwoofer sits and it fits pretty solid actually.

my next glaring issue is I don’t have the oem receiving wiring for this quadratic subwoofer replacement... it’s going into an aftermarket radio that has one wire for the subwoofer so any new advice would be greatly appreciated!!

1EF49D68-40DC-4C66-B91B-2686DBCC29E8.jpeg
FD83A970-3907-4992-AB5D-4D59FF702A57.jpeg
962B450E-32F8-4EC3-9BC0-7C2D3387067C.jpeg

Just run the sup out straight to the sub amp (you'll need to buy one) and then to the sub. Lots of room under steering wheel for amps to fit. Be sure to put a connector in the sub wiring between the console halves incase you ever need to remove the speaker or rear assy. Otherwise you have to cut wires and splice a connector later on.