How can I find the build sheet for my Jeep Wrangler TJ?

That's frustrating. It states that it cannot look up my VIN number. Is their an age limit to what vehicle you can pull up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it says must be 1998 or newer. strange your 2002 wasn't found. ( silly question but are you typing it in the correct search field? the top large one is just a search of website. there is a smaller field below it for the vin. )

Trying to figure out my build sheet so that I know if my Jeep came with only a cassette stereo or if it came with, what I believe to be, an optional CD player stereo?

My build sheet has contradicting information. It states that it came with "AM/FM Cassette Radio". I can imagine that that clearly means my TJ did NOT come with a CD player stereo?

Does somebody else have a build sheet that specifically says something like "CD/AM/FM Radio"?

Trying to figure out my build sheet so that I know if my Jeep came with only a cassette stereo or if it came with, what I believe to be, an optional CD player stereo?

My build sheet has contradicting information. It states that it came with "AM/FM Cassette Radio". I can imagine that that clearly means my TJ did NOT come with a CD player stereo?

Does somebody else have a build sheet that specifically says something like "CD/AM/FM Radio"?
Mine has the exact same thing as yours. Changing the radio from one to another factory radio is a very easy task :).

Reactions: Kyle_W
My '03 build sheet says "AM/FM Compact Disc Radio w/Chgr Ctrl"

BuildSheetServlet_pdf__page_4_of_5_.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle_W
Mine has the exact same thing as yours. Changing the radio from one to another factory radio is a very easy task :).

From looking up google pictures of <2002 TJ's, it appears that all early interior TJ's, the one with the slide AC control knobs, has a cassette radio. And the later interiors (that is, until the 2003 models), like mine with the turn knobs, have CD radios.

f1604e0bbb25b54cb2b1420478003f13.jpg

c374fa2d10affe98aa221306f8c845bb.jpg

But my build sheet doesn't mention ever having a CD player radio. So, the radio you linked to me seems to be my factory radio.

Has anyone had any success getting a build sheet from 'Export' vehicles..My VIN wont work...hopefully I can get an email address for Jeep US and request it that way.

Reactions: Reign Mack
http://www.jeep.co.nz/ has an online live chat that pops up

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/EmailPage.html is to contact via email
Thanks @BigWheel88 I'd already done that but didn't hold too much hope I'd get a reply from Jeep NZ lol.
I ended up going to the parts dept of a local Jeep/Fiat dealership and after asking 5 people I found an older guy knew what I was talking about and got what I wanted...
Says mine was built in Aug 1997 but reg as a 1998 then reg here in NZ as a 1999 haha
Is it standard to have Dana 44 on the rear and Dana 30 up front ?
build.JPG

For Sport Models I believe the 44 in the rear was an optional extra. A few special builds like the 65 Anniversary had it as part of the package

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
For Sport Models I believe the 44 in the rear was an optional extra. A few special builds like the 65 Anniversary had it as part of the package
Oh wow...good score then :D
I also fudged my way through the US jeep website...so hopefully I hear back from them and see if that job sheet matches what I got here.

Oh wow...good score then :D
I also fudged my way through the US jeep website...so hopefully I hear back from them and see if that job sheet matches what I got here.
Got my email from JEEP US with my build sheet and yes confirmed.. its a Dana 44 bring up the rear :campeon:
yes.jpg

If you'd like to find the build sheet for you Jeep Wrangler TJ, use this link below:

Jeep Build Sheet Lookup

That will tell you the package trim level of your Jeep, as well as all the options it came with from the factory, including axles, gear ratio, etc.
Nice, this site says I have a Dana 44. I just assumed I had the 35, good to know

Reactions: Chris
Hey @Kiwi TJ
Looks like I might have a Dana44 in the back too? Found this on a random VIN decoder website. I've emailed Jeep US to get a build sheet specifically, but fingers crossed haha
2021-02-25 08_01_54-1J4F449S44P749305 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 2004 - Free VIN Lookup _ Vehicle Histo...png

Reactions: Kiwi TJ