How can I fix a bent C knuckle?

Jordanl50

my driver front side C knuckle that's welded on the axle has bent. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?
Id rather not replace the entire axle. It's still drivable but it's very noticeable

image.jpeg

The C is replaceable but it's gonna have to be done by someone who is a good welder who is used to performing axle repair work. If you're in SOCAL I have a recommendation.

It'd be good if you included your location/state so it shows up under your name.

I'm in south Mississippi...
I was station just outside of Biloxi at Keesler AFB back in the dark ages. All I remember about south Mississippi aside from the great people there is the heat, humidity, and the alligators I would see while fishing in the back bayou areas lol.

Awesome, I spent the longest year of my life there lol. I lived in the triangle while in their ground radio repair school.

Take it to a competent welder and they can weld a new one on for sure.

Some guy said they could just heat it up and bend it back, should I just put a new one on instead?

Probably cheaper to just buy a used housing and swap the whole thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58
Probably cheaper to just buy a used housing and swap the whole thing.

This. I found a used dana 30 for $150 for my first TJ. I bent the original 30's tubes and C's by launching it..........oops.

P5260280.jpg

Yeah I know...young idiot. :)

But in my defense, I wasn't the biggest idiot there....

P5260289.jpg

I did it once...he did it 6 times.

Bent 30, Bent 8.25. Bent unibody, Bent roof, Stuffed fenders, etc.......but drove it 2 hrs to home. LOL

Back to the original topic......

Last edited:
This. I found a used dana 30 for $150 for my first TJ. I bent the original 30's tubes and C's by launching it..........oops.

View attachment 6316

Yeah I know...young idiot. :)

But in my defense, I wasn't the biggest idiot there....

View attachment 6318

I did it once...he did it 6 times.

Bent 30, Bent 8.25. Bent unibody, Bent roof, Stuffed fenders, etc.....

Back to the original topic......

Most of us did it. Most of us learned after the first break..... or became experts at repairing the result.

Rear suspension pulled shocks from the frame. I was running about 40mph... we put the coils back in and wheeled it all weekend.

I think that' s bout the same speed I hit that jump. I had Rubicon Express's 2" BB on it at the time.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement C? I haven't been able to find one online anywhere but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Also, if I do buy a new C and get it welded onto my axle, are there specs on where/how it is to be welded?

Thanks.