How can I fix a rough ride?

Bruce20

TJ Enthusiast
My Jeep has a very jarring ride and I have the rancho rs5000x shocks and procomps springs. I have 33x12.5r15 Cooper STT Pros at 26psi. When I hit a bump, it revs up because my foot bounces on the gas pedal. I read that these shocks rode really smooth, but my ride is the complete opposite. It feels worse than the stock ones. Is there anything I can do, or do I need to install anything else? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Jeep has a very jarring ride and I have the rancho rs5000x shocks and procomps springs. I have 33x12.5r15 Cooper STT Pros at 36psi. When I hit a bump, it revs up because my foot bounces on the gas pedal. I read that these shocks rode really smooth, but my ride is the complete opposite. It feels worse than the stock ones. Is there anything I can do, or do I need to install anything else? Thanks.

How can I fix a harsh ride on my Jeep Wrangler TJ?

Reactions: fuse
Lower those tires to 26 PSI...that is too high of pressure.

Reactions: fuse
My Jeep has a very jarring ride and I have the rancho rs5000x shocks and procomps springs. I have 33x12.5r15 Cooper STT Pros at 36psi. When I hit a bump, it revs up because my foot bounces on the gas pedal. I read that these shocks rode really smooth, but my ride is the complete opposite. It feels worse than the stock ones. Is there anything I can do, or do I need to install anything else? Thanks.

Tire pressure is to high, drop to about 28 psi

Lower your psi to around 26.

This sounds like something is almost locked. Like the suspension is fixed. Have you articulated it to see if everything flexes without binding?

ps, some photos will help.

It snowed and I drove up on a snow pile and there was virtually no flex, so what would bind. It is dark now, but I can upload pics tomorrow. What should I take pictures of?

Did you measure for the proper length of shocks? If you installed shocks that are to long they will bottom out with minimal uptravel. Resulting in a bad ride

Did you measure for the proper length of shocks? If you installed shocks that are to long they will bottom out with minimal uptravel. Resulting in a bad ride

No, I got the 2” procomp springs and the shocks are for 2-3” lift.

No, I got the 2” procomp springs and the shocks are for 2-3” lift.

If you didn't also extend your bump-stops when you installed the springs and shocks it's possible you might've bottomed out your shocks and damaged them.

Even if it has been a bumpy ride since day 1, I bring it up now because I thought it was bumpy because they needed to break in. I might just contact rancho.