How can I fix my front axle being off-center?

Wow, I'm a dummy. Didn't even consider that the stock location could be better. I just assumed it didn't move it over enough. Do I need to put the axle on jack stands to move the track bar back over? Or can I do it under its own weight?

Wow, I'm a dummy. Didn't even consider that the stock location could be better. I just assumed it didn't move it over enough. Do I need to put the axle on jack stands to move the track bar back over? Or can I do it under its own weight?
I like to get a helper to hold the steering wheel. Key in ignition to unlock the column and have them turn the steering wheel just a hair until you can slide that bolt out. Have them turn it a bit more to move the track bar to the hole you want and then slide the bolt back in while they are still holding the steering wheel in place.

Reactions: WHBNM
But it's too far toward the passenger side, about an inch. Wouldn't moving it back toward that side help?

Thanks for the help guys! I shifted it back over and it's pretty much perfect now. Measured with a level from various points on the fender and from the upper spring perch and it's within a couple mm if not perfect.

Oh, and not sure if this is "correct" or not, but now the steering wheel if off by like 90 degrees? I know I can adjust it, but was that supposed to happen?

Oh, and not sure if this is "correct" or not, but now the steering wheel if off by like 90 degrees? I know I can adjust it, but was that supposed to happen?
Yes that's normal and easily fixed. Just adjust the short sleeve circled in red below on the drag link to recenter your steering wheel. A little bit of a turn is all that's needed. IIRC correctly you'll need to rotate the sleeve so its front moves upward which will shorten the drag link.

Front-end with adjustment circled.jpg

Awesome, thanks again! Still gonna look into the adjustable bar, just not as much of a hurry now.

Wheel is straight again, axle is centered. And as a nice surprise, the squeaks I was investigating seem to be gone. Thanks to all for your help