How can I fix this exhaust leak?

What are you guys replacing the bolts with? I bought some standard grade 8 m10x1.5 45mm bolts and the head is too large for a clean seat and with ample room between the flange lip for a socket. Seems Jeep discontinued these bolts as well (06505754AA).

What are you guys replacing the bolts with? I bought some standard grade 8 m10x1.5 45mm bolts and the head is too large for a clean seat and with ample room between the flange lip for a socket. Seems Jeep discontinued these bolts as well (06505754AA).

Google the part number 06505754AA....plenty of sources on the web have them....Amazon, Ebay, and other sellers.

I just did this. I removed the bolts with multiple socket extensions along with some help from Liquid Wrench and a torch and then put them in electrolysis for a couple of hours to remove rust. Buying a Jeep required adding a lot of rust-removal techniques to my workshop... The nuts are specific so they're held onto the flange while you tighten down. Then I buffed the metal mating surfaces with scotch-brite pad to make a better seal and tightened everything back up so the gap around the flange is roughly even. Eliminated the leak at the pre-cats but I still have something coming out of the exhaust manifold that's impossible to reach without taking more apart.

Google the part number 06505754AA....plenty of sources on the web have them....Amazon, Ebay, and other sellers.
Do you know the part number for the bolts? I'm having issues with mine staying tight. I want to replace all the hardware. I found the 06506546AA but can't find the part number for the bolts.
Never mind, I saw it is 6505754AA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey Jeepz
Do you know the part number for the bolts? I'm having issues with mine staying tight. I want to replace all the hardware. I found the 06506546AA but can't find the part number for the bolts.
The correct part number is 06505754aa. Those bolts are roughly $9 dollars each after shipping (if you buy more than one you will save on shipping) and at least a 3 day wait time. I improvised the same day with a cap top bolt of the same size, length, and thread pitch. I stopped in at my local Jeep dealership and was told those bolts are no longer made and that a trip to Ace hardware to find something similar was my best bet unless purchased online.

The correct part number is 06505754aa. Those bolts are roughly $9 dollars each after shipping (if you buy more than one you will save on shipping) and at least a 3 day wait time. I improvised the same day with a cap top bolt of the same size, length, and thread pitch. I stopped in at my local Jeep dealership and was told those bolts are no longer made and that a trip to Ace hardware to find something similar was my best bet unless purchased online.
From another thread I saw they are M10-1.5 x 45 or 50mm. My local Fastenal has them in stock $3.50 for a pack of 5. I think they might work!

From another thread I saw they are M10-1.5 x 45 or 50mm. My local Fastenal has them in stock $3.50 for a pack of 5. I think they might work!
Be aware that the OEM bolt heads are lower profile. I tried a bolt with a standard bolt head and my socket did not fit properly because there is a lip on the outer flange. This is on a 2006 LJR.

Be aware that the OEM bolt heads are lower profile. I tried a bolt with a standard bolt head and my socket did not fit properly because there is a lip on the outer flange. This is on a 2006 LJR.
Ahh thanks for the heads up. I might just order all Mopar parts online then.

I went through the exercise of replacing my precats a few months ago and ended up having to replace the extruded flange nuts as well as the bolts. I tried SS bolts from the hardware store and learned that they do not play well with the extruded nuts due to the OE bolts having a tapered end.

It looks like yours don't even have the extruded nuts and that the bolts are coming down from the top of the flange. I'd guess that someone disconnected all of this before and replaced with non-OE hardware.

As already said, you'll have to manage all of this apart again and re-fit with OE hardware. Its pricey, but you'll only do it once. Torque for the bolts is something like 21ft lbs I think.