How can I tell how much lift my Jeep Wrangler TJ has?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Below are the approximate heights of various TJ coil springs when sitting at ride height with the weight of the Jeep on them. The measurements are from the very top of the spring where it meets the isolator or coil bucket to the very bottom of the spring (again where it meets the isolator or coil mount).

TJ Coil Spring Measurements.jpg

Below are the approximate heights of various TJ coil springs when sitting at ride height with the weight of the Jeep on them. The measurements are from the very top of the spring where it meets the isolator or coil bucket to the very bottom of the spring (again where it meets the isolator or coil mount).

View attachment 282

Thank you so much. That was super helpful cause I was searching all over the internet and couldn't find out how to see the size of the lift. Now I know I have a 4" lift.

Thank you so much. That was super helpful cause I was searching all over the internet and couldn't find out how to see the size of the lift. Now I know I have a 4" lift.

No problem! 4" is a very common lift size for a TJ. That and 2" are the two most common lift sizes.

Reactions: sideproject
I havent had my jeep for long but I know they used pucks to lift it. how do I tell what size of lift I have? Do i just measure them?

Yes. Measure the springs. Measure the pucks. Do the math.

View attachment 282
Much appreciated piece of knowledge, it's now laminated on my tool box!

Reactions: Chris
Along the same lines. I have now removed the rear coils in my "stock" TJ. The stock coils I bought are 4" shorter than what came out. New size 15" old 11". Does this mean a 2" lift once back on tires?

View attachment 282
So much useful stuff on this site. Thank you. I needed this info!

Reactions: Chris
Thrilled to find this thread, thanks for posting!

Rather than start an entirely different thread, I figure I'll just plop my question here: PO says he installed a 4" Zone lift, though I'm not sure on which components, specifically. However, I measured my spring heights yesterday and got: Front Driver 16" / Front Passenger 16"; Rear Driver 11.75" / Rear Passenger 11.5".

I'm assuming this is within a reasonable margin of error relative to the measurements at the top of the thread, but just want to make sure, particularly the rear measurements as I prepare to install a barricade rear bumper and tire mount. Thanks in advance!