How can the speedometer be correct with a TeraFlex transfer case?

That's a much nicer solution than my Speedohealer. One of things I can't stand about it is the programming that consists of navigating the menus and value entries using some confusing combination of Morse Code and old video game cheat codes. But that was the Jeep Forum recommendation as the best option way back when.

Agreed! Much nicer setup. And yeah,
Blue Monkey feels like working with an 80's computer every time I find myself dialing it in.
On the plus side though, it's worked flawlessly for 6+ years🤷‍♂️
I was being really lazy when I installed mine and I did just hope they didn’t get melted or damaged 😂

Yeah, similar here. I was racing the clock to knock out my SYE and get back on the road to an out of state job.
Kinda half-assed securing the wiring sometime after midnight.
Should have just used gps for speedo and waited until I wasn't under the gun to ensure everything was out of harms way...but hey, it was just replaceable wires. Unbelievable to me is that I haven't had to touch that wiring since then! Maybe I am an amazing auto electrician after all 🙄🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: jjvw
They do still have it, I was looking at getting it because I liked the Bluetooth for calibration with my phone, no need to press buttons or turn screws on the device itself.

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index...id=1192/category_id=287/mode=prod/prd1192.htm
My apologies, this is the one I've used previous. I've not been able to find it and the replacement is untenable.
1655866432117.png

That's a much nicer solution than my Speedohealer. One of things I can't stand about it is the programming that consists of navigating the menus and value entries using some confusing combination of Morse Code and old video game cheat codes. But that was the Jeep Forum recommendation as the best option way back when.

Since the elegant part seems to be underappreciated, here is what it looks like when done the way we do it. At the firewall, small braided loom is the tap into the PCM harness. The folded back loom is the connector for the old hood light.

DSC00480.JPG

DSC00481.JPG

Length of loom we run out for adjustment by the passenger while driving.

DSC00482.JPG

Fuse tap and a the spot where we tuck the box after we're done. We wrap it in foam sheet so it doesn't rattle.
1655916349587.png

I am on my second speedo healer. I think the engine bay has too much heat for these devices. Mine was mounted up high on the firewall. Maybe I am the only one that has had this issue, but next time I would pull it inside the cab.

20190515_210250_resized.jpg

20190515_210335_resized.jpg

I wish I could just switch the gear at this point. Manychoices I appreciate all the knowledge though. I am sure I will need it again