How Dangerous Are His Recovery Methods?

Do you know what brand they are from extreme terrain? Frame mounted “rock sliders” are known as “steps” for getting into the Jeep and not for rocks by the professionals.
No clue. I'm sure from China anyway. I'm tall enough I don't use them as a step. And I'm not wheelin in the rocks either. More of a tree saver in my case.

I have seen Jeeps that were jacked from similarly mounted steps, and they slid out from the body mounts, bent all to hell.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
No clue. I'm sure from China anyway. I'm tall enough I don't use them as a step. And I'm not wheelin in the rocks either. More of a tree saver in my case.
And most likely they serve that purpose well. Tube bumpers and the steps you’re talking about do a decent job “brush guarding” and keeping the body off objects from the side.

Just sayin...... 😂
F56483E8-DB3E-4BA6-90DB-7447ADFF9E2A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
How are thimbles supposed to be attached? Any links to informative videos?

His thimble is attached correctly. It's the big black thing connected to the thimble that is the issue. He would be better off without it and he immediately wouldn't have the problems he was having.

So first thing he starts out with is nylon rigging for hoisting which has a 5:1 safety factor, meaning would be rated 5 times higher used for recovery if it were new. The fact that he can’t read the tag renders it useless for hoisting, if it’s been used for a snatch pull it’s probably been shock loaded and is dangerous. A lot of out of service rigging ends up as recovery gear.

Reactions: Daryl
So first thing he starts out with is nylon rigging for hoisting which has a 5:1 safety factor, meaning would be rated 5 times higher used for recovery if it were new. The fact that he can’t read the tag renders it useless for hoisting, if it’s been used for a snatch pull it’s probably been shock loaded and is dangerous. A lot of out of service rigging ends up as recovery gear.
Yup, most of ours went home with someone. What they did with it once it left the property I could only guess.