How do I fix a dead OEM radio?

Well, unfortunately the CD/tape combo has issues. No sound from both left side speakers. When I pulled it out, the heat sink was too hot to touch so I’m thinking there is something wrong with the amplifier and will be returning or exchanging it.

The tape player radio is working so far. Love the TUNE knob that the cd players don’t have. Nobody actually listens to CDs or tapes anyways. I would like to get my hands on one of the AM/FM only radios with the blank spot where the tape deck goes.

I picked up the proper cigarette lighter too as that was missing. The rear wiper switch is out because I pulled it and waiting for blue bulb covers from ebay. I sold my hard top a couple years ago so it is unused anyways.
1A144577-43E9-4CA4-85CD-BBD7DDE7E399.jpeg

...Nobody actually listens to CDs or tapes anyways...
True enough. I put a new stereo in my old Mercedes in 2017, replacing an AM/FM/CD with an AM/FM/CD/Geek stick. I virtually always listen to the Geek stick. So I put an AM/FM/Geek stick unit in my jeep and forewent the CD!
Tape I never did like, but it was the only option for many years.

Reactions: Vtx531
True enough. I put a new stereo in my old Mercedes in 2017, replacing an AM/FM/CD with an AM/FM/CD/Geek stick. I virtually always listen to the Geek stick. So I put an AM/FM/Geek stick unit in my jeep and forewent the CD!
Tape I never did like, but it was the only option for many years.
Why do you think I was offering it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and Vtx531
South Florida radio is worthless.
Isn't any better here in Central Florida either. The one thing I thought I could do before I moved here was to listen to KGO, AM 810 as it is one of the very few "clear channel" stations left operating. Unfortunately, AM 810 is being used by a station in the Bahamas...

Reactions: Big-Al
I think pretty much radio sucks everywhere unless you can find a good independent or college station. I have a community college near me that has a kickass radio station but as soon as i'm 5 miles up the road I lose it and go straight to my USB playlist.

Never seen one of those factory CD & Cassette radios like that before.. interesting

Little update:

The tape player I got from the junkyard has half the backlights out.

So I’m 0 for 2.

I did discover the tape player bass and treb knobs (plain non-lit) fit on the cd player to get rid of the orange backlighting on those knobs.

I listen to the radio from time-to-time - but there's a dearth of classical and/or world music stations here in Florida, and I get tired of light rock after awhile.

WDIZ was the last good rock station in central Florida 100,000 watts that reached from the gulf to the Atlantic.