How do I fix this broken evap line?

Thank you the clarification, I was a Ford tech and all manufacturers do it a little differently. I wanted to give him some information as I didn’t have time to study the manual. Do you know if they are monitoring the tank temperature and how are they changing that to run the evap monitor or is it continuously monitored.

I don't know the testing protocol parameters. I suspect it is like most in that the fuel level is neither full nor empty before it checks. They don't monitor tank temp that I'm aware of, just using the difference in pressure/vacuum cause by changes in temp to check for a leak.

We did discuss the system and the charcoal canister vents to atmosphere at times. That should prevent pressure build up in the tank. Best we can come up with is a plugged hose, fitting, or pinched line. Maybe the large fitting on top of the tank at the right side, and or the discriminator valve is malfunctioning. It is also possible that the NVLD is plugged but that typically throws a code.

I don't know the testing protocol parameters. I suspect it is like most in that the fuel level is neither full nor empty before it checks. They don't monitor tank temp that I'm aware of, just using the difference in pressure/vacuum cause by changes in temp to check for a leak.

We did discuss the system and the charcoal canister vents to atmosphere at times. That should prevent pressure build up in the tank. Best we can come up with is a plugged hose, fitting, or pinched line. Maybe the large fitting on top of the tank at the right side, and or the discriminator valve is malfunctioning. It is also possible that the NVLD is plugged but that typically throws a code.

Thank you for the info. I may look into this so if I ever have an issue with the evap system.

Thank you for the info. I may look into this so if I ever have an issue with the evap system.

We've only replaced one NVLD unit ever and it threw a code first. It was an EVAP code and we forced the system to operate with the scanner and found it that way.

For anyone else searching this thread, the OP's issue was probably caused from not having enough bumpstop to keep the trackbar bracket from making contact with the fuel lines.

Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ