How do I remove carrier with elocker?

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
How do I remove carrier with elocker? It’s got a connector outside the differential and I disconnected it, but I can’t take the wires off of the connector so I can stuff them down through the hole that goes into the differential.

I don’t want to mess up the connector.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I got the plug out of the hole. The connector is too large to go through the hole. I guess I’ll have to cut it off. There is also a cut into the sheath on both wires that you can see in the second pic. That’s not good

FA6955A7-19F7-4037-ACC4-4C82FC161A82.jpeg

D6579CE1-6BA6-47B0-A008-12ED07193376.jpeg

Also for carriers that are good and stuck...after you de pin the connector...a rachet strap to the tow hitch or recovery point can help pop it out... unless you actually have the spreader...

-Mac

Reactions: JMT
you pull the insert in the connector out by getting a tiny hook into the hole in the center bottom and pulling out. I usually remove it completely. Then you will need a tiny flat head or pick to push up on the plastic tabs holding the metal terminal in place. Then just pull the wire out the back of the connector. with the damage to the wire you can just cut and put on a new connector. I like the Deutsch DT type.
20211229_115126.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JMT
You de pin the connector...needles or picks work...I have a set of these...

View attachment 299022
Nice tool! I need one of those. Thank you.

The carrier came out rather easy. It's super cold right now. Outside it was about 18* yesterday. NOt sure what it was in the garage, but the cold helps to get the carrier out and in.