How do I remove roll bar padding?

MrOceanMan

Hello.. I am currently switching my old roll bar padding out for a different color. Removing the back/middle padding was a breeze, but I noticed the side bar padding has no zipper and is just.. placed there. Probably a stupid question, but how do I remove it to slide in the new one? I noticed there are 4 torx screws which remove the bar entirely, but the housing for the bar stays on preventing me from removing the padding. Is there something else I’m missing?

Post pictures if you can.

The year would also help too, as the roll bar padding changed over the years.

Post pictures if you can.

The year would also help too, as the roll bar padding changed over the years.
My apologies, didn’t realize I left out that crucial information. It’s a 2000 TJ. Attached are the photos I took where you can see the torx screws I mentioned.
8C008D0F-E4D1-4880-85F0-9D50E5B76ACE.jpeg
E6EA16BC-C8D0-48E1-8747-3C15C7B2C2C8.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Remove torx. Fold down windshield. I think it would just cut the padding.. Folding down a windshield can be risky. Not sure its worth it. Might not fold back...

Reactions: Chris
Hello.. I am currently switching my old roll bar padding out for a different color. Removing the back/middle padding was a breeze, but I noticed the side bar padding has no zipper and is just.. placed there. Probably a stupid question, but how do I remove it to slide in the new one? I noticed there are 4 torx screws which remove the bar entirely, but the housing for the bar stays on preventing me from removing the padding. Is there something else I’m missing?
Remove torx heads from windshield bracket and also from rear where it mounts to hoop . Pull back front of pad and underneath is another torx head.Scribe where bracket is on roll bar and remove torx ,bracket will come off , then old pad , install new pad and reassemble .