How do you conceal your light bar wiring?

Stro10

Good morning. I got a 1997 wrangler, I am putting 50” light bar above windshield. How do you conceal your wire?

https://www.artecindustries.com/stickonlb

1659707689744.png

On our soft top, we ran the wires beneath the weather seal at the top of the W/S (ending the protective wire sheathing just as the wires go inside) and then down the inside of the 'A'-pillar.

20220805_103830.jpg

As was said before, the cooling fins will oscillate and cause a substantial amount of noise unless you do something to prevent it. There are aftermarket inserts that you can try and vary by the number of fins on the light-bar, or one thing we have done is to use something like several 2" or 3" sections of 3/8" foam window weather-stripping that has a sticky back on one side inserted/compressed between the cooling fins every foot or so. That should reduce/eliminate the whistle, but you will still get some wind buffeting noise because of the bar.

So far as the hood glare, this is what we went with. Not sure if he is still in business though.

LED Lightbar Glare Shield

Last edited:
Reactions: pbeach
I stuffed mine in the A-piler bracket the best I could. But it only fits half way. Thinking I'm gonna need to rewire it with thinner gauge wire and shrink wrap the wire so it all fits in the A-piler bracket. That's my solution.

Ran mine underneath the driver side bracket, below the windshield hinge and then through the small gap at the back of the hood. It's probably not the cleanest or well hidden setup but there isn't much exposed wire. I also don't have much glare on my hood, but that might be due to the rattle can paint job the PO did to the hood🙃

I have a lightbar bracket (no lights, I use it to put kayaks up there without them resting on the window frame or soft top) made out of tube. There are holes cut out for running wire through. I would do something like that if I were to install lights up there.

Good morning. I got a 1997 wrangler, I am putting 50” light bar above windshield. How do you conceal your wire?
Other than blinding your buddies for a couple of laughs, you'll probably never use it.
So no need to to wire it. Nice and clean install. ;)

You'll not see a lot of love for light bars on here, unfortunately. It seems to be a common belief that they are completely useless. I have one on my LJ and it works perfectly for one thing I use my Jeep for (night time wildlife surveys on a large ranch where you need to see eyes out as far as possible to get a good survey count). I used this for my wiring, and I'm very happy with it so far (but it's only been in place for about a month):

https://www.kchilites.com/universal-wire-hider-kc-6300.html

Reactions: Mudflap and L J
Ran mine underneath the driver side bracket, below the windshield hinge and then through the small gap at the back of the hood. It's probably not the cleanest or well hidden setup but there isn't much exposed wire. I also don't have much glare on my hood, but that might be due to the rattle can paint job the PO did to the hood🙃

That's what I did when I had one. I eventually ditched it in favor of some 6" A pillar lights due to how much light reflected back at me from anything floating in the air above eye level. If there's not rain or snow, there's dust.

Mine are just rolled up beside it in the corner of the shop where it lays.....

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
You'll not see a lot of love for light bars on here, unfortunately. It seems to be a common belief that they are completely useless. I have one on my LJ and it works perfectly for one thing I use my Jeep for (night time wildlife surveys on a large ranch where you need to see eyes out as far as possible to get a good survey count). I used this for my wiring, and I'm very happy with it so far (but it's only been in place for about a month):

This is the most sano way to do it I’ve seen. I wonder if it could be ran behind the a piller door seal trim and into the hood via the cowl.

That's what I did when I had one. I eventually ditched it in favor of some 6" A pillar lights due to how much light reflected back at me from anything floating in the air above eye level. If there's not rain or snow, there's dust.

Very true. Snowfall and rain are my two biggest issues with my big light bar. Eventually some A pillar lights might be a better choice overall.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low

Bumping an old thread here. How has this worked out for you? And do you have a pic of how/where you applied this?