How do you keep your butter?

Kerrigold in freezer till almost needed, then fridge till needed, then on the counter while using. We buy loads of butter, it's the only fat we use in cooking. Salted for foods, unsalted for coffee.

Coffee is better with a little salt. I add a shake or two whether I'm adding butter or not.

Reactions: Claybirdd and JMT
Coffee is better with a little salt. I add a shake or two whether I'm adding butter or not.

Ohh. I tried it, wasn't my cup of coffee! Maybe it was too much. But to each his own. It's your palate! This time of year we're adding a bit of turmeric and pumpkin spice. It's nice...might go have one right now.

• Haha
Reactions: psrivats
Butter crock is what my mom used and that's what I use. I do keep more in the fridge but I never use it straight from the fridge.

Also .. clarified butter ("ghee") stores well at room temp for a very long time if stored in airtight container. Traditionally used quite a bit in cooking back home and it's adds a lovely flavor when used in limited amounts.

We have sometimes used ghee. My wife more than I. It has a smell that is a little off to me, but it doesn't taste off.

We have sometimes used ghee. My wife more than I. It has a smell that is a little off to me, but it doesn't taste off.

It can smell faintly "sour" depending on the quality and the condition of the butter it made from.

If you make it at home from commercial butter it tastes like crap. Have to make it from butter freshly churned from fresh pasteurized whole milk. You will be blown away if you ever taste that.

Ohh. I tried it, wasn't my cup of coffee! Maybe it was too much. But to each his own. It's your palate! This time of year we're adding a bit of turmeric and pumpkin spice. It's nice...might go have one right now.

I eat something with turmeric 2 out of 3 meals a day. It amuses me to no end when I see it being put in lattes and whatnot in coffeeshops and sold in the fall/winter seasons as a specialty item. And don't get me started about "chai tea latte".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PRNDL and JMT
It can smell faintly "sour" depending on the quality and the condition of the butter it made from.

If you make it at home from commercial butter it tastes like crap. Have to make it from butter freshly churned from fresh pasteurized whole milk. You will be blown away if you ever taste that.

We drink raw milk, so we could try to make it. I’m kind of surprised my wife hasn’t, but I think she ran in to her limit making so many things from scratch.

I was taught to add just a pinch of salt to the top of the basket of coffee in the coffee maker. Apparently, it cuts the bitterness - I don't know as I don't drink the stuff, but my wife likes it when I make it.

"tea" tea latte :ROFLMAO:

Which reminds of a gangster movie I saw many years ago but can't ever remember the name of. Some dopey mobster guys opened a fake restaurant front and called it The La Bistro. The classy woman they were trying to impress just shook her head.

• Haha
Reactions: PRNDL and JMT
It’s amazing the random stuff one can learn from this forum. I’ve learned things from this thread I had never heard of.

I just peel the wrapper back and eat it like a banana, isn't that how everybody does it?

You can wrap a waffle around the stick.

1663196390951.png