How does a mid-arm suspension improve the climbing capabilities from the drivers seat?

yah, Daves i found those too. those are pretty much what i'm looking for. Rusty's has some. but theirs are fugly and huge.
i like the idea of aluminum to help keep weight down when i start adding all this extra stuff.
but i'm also kinda wondering if 3/16" aluminum is thick enough material, as that area is fully expected to take some knocks.
if i go with 3/16" steel i can make those.

i've been in heavy industrial assembly and fab for 18yrs. and the dwindling of premium TJ parts is really showing me a nitch. and i'm so tempted to start outfitting a shop to pick up what everyone else seems to be abandoning. while they all outfit to chase the latest models (electronically controlled junk), they are missing that the TJ is not going anywhere.
there are more 15yr+ old Jeeps on the road than any other vehicle, mustangs, chevelles, camaro's, vette's etc , combined.

Reactions: reddvltj
@mattcogdell did you ever change up your suspension?
Hey Brian, I actually have not done anything yet. I graduated college December, moved 2hrs away, started a new job beginning of January and have been getting established here.

I started calling around last week in attempt to get quotes on installing the midarm and outboarding at the same time. Depending on how affordable/ not affordable the quotes come back will determine if I attempt to do it myself. I currently have no where to store the Jeep where I’m living so it’s at my parents house in their garage. If time allows I may try to go visit them some and work on it then.

Thanks for following up.

Reactions: Brianj5600