How does Savvy rear bumper hold up to ledge drop-offs on an LJ?

cache valley

moab rim
Supporting Member
I am looking at replacing my rear bumper and I was wondering if any LJ owners out there or others had any experience with how well the bumper holds up to ledge drop offs when you land the rear of the jeep on bumper bottom. I was wondering if it will hold up to the underside beating, I currently have a warn bumper and it gets beat up pretty good on the bottom edge. Thanks

Thanks, I like the weight savings and look of the bumper but with the extra length of the LJ I do hit my rear a lot more often than other people in their TJs.

I have a Savvy gas tank skid and it has been great but my steel bumper takes a lot of abuse on the bottom edge. I am going away from a Warn swing out tire carrier to a MorRyde tail gate mounted tire carrier and want to get ride of the bumper and swing out tire carrier. Thanks for your input Mr. Blaine and Jerry.

Reactions: jjvw
I have a Savvy gas tank skid and it has been great but my steel bumper takes a lot of abuse on the bottom edge. I am going away from a Warn swing out tire carrier to a MorRyde tail gate mounted tire carrier and want to get ride of the bumper and swing out tire carrier. Thanks for your input Mr. Blaine and Jerry.
FYI mrblaine designed the Savvy bumper and skidplate. You can take his "It does, and then some" comment to the bank.

Last edited: