How does this come off

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
New to me 05, the hood light is out according to my conductivity test.

I want to remove this hood light
20180908_103846.jpg
without breaking any part of it, it's plastic.

Frankly I'm more comfortable removing a cyl head but these simple to remove looking doo dads throw.me a curve.

I'm afraid if I keep trying I'll break it.

What's the secret?

Reactions: Jon Wildes
I don't have one, but doesn't the cover come off where someone could replace the bulb? If so there's probably a bolt under the cover.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Could be wrong but if I remember its a slide up and pull out but frankly you would be better off getting some type of LED light and wire it to the existing wires. You get more light from a lit match than the original one gives out. Its totally useless.

I don't have one, but doesn't the cover come off where someone could replace the bulb? If so there's probably a bolt under the cover.
You are right about a bolt or screw under the cover,
I could feel the threads through a hole in the hood. The lens seemed almost glued on, I'll try again to pry it off using some finesse.

Could be wrong but if I remember its a slide up and pull out but frankly you would be better off getting some type of LED light and wire it to the existing wires. You get more light from a lit match than the original one gives out. Its totally useless.
I agree, the light needs to be upgraded with LEDs. I'll probably go that route once I remove the stock light unit.