How hard would it be to put these Dana 60 and 70 axles under my TJ?

Morks

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Came across a dana 60 and 70 axles just wondering how hard it would be to stuff these under a tj.
This description goes:
Dana 60 is missing rotors, carrier, pads. The axle is disassembled. Has 7.17 gears. Been blasted and painted Dana 70 rear is complete with trac loc 3.55 gear Asking $700 OBO

He's sending some pics and I don't know what vehicle they are coming from or really even the condition, and is 700$ a pretty good deal if they look ok, posting pics of them tomorrow on here.

Came across a dana 60 and 70 axles just wondering how hard it would be to stuff these under a tj.
This description goes:
Dana 60 is missing rotors, carrier, pads. The axle is disassembled. Has 7.17 gears. Been blasted and painted Dana 70 rear is complete with trac loc 3.55 gear Asking $700 OBO

He's sending some pics and I don't know what vehicle they are coming from or really even the condition, and is 700$ a pretty good deal if they look ok, posting pics of them tomorrow on here.
I haven't heard of anyone here putting a dana 70 in their TJ but if anyone knows it would be @mrblaine or @toximus

Reactions: Morks
Why? Are you running 40s or something?

To answer your question, it’s not going to be anywhere close to easy.

Why? Are you running 40s or something?

To answer your question, it’s not going to be anywhere close to easy.
Just thinking of building it up and they came across on facebook in the area so thought I'd see if anyone's done it.

Just thinking of building it up and they came across on facebook in the area so thought I'd see if anyone's done it.
Got it, as others have stated unless you’re going to be running a 37 or larger, these axles are completely unnecessary and will open up a tremendous rabbit hole of mods.

In addition, that Dana 70 is the definition of overkill.

Got it, as others have stated unless you’re going to be running a 37 or larger, these axles are completely unnecessary and will open up a tremendous rabbit hole of mods.

In addition, that Dana 70 is the definition of overkill.
haha good to know, thanks

Reactions: Chris
Yeah, if your gonna run 37's or bigger then maybe, but you will have to modify the mounting brackets, axle width (which is a profound pain in the ass; not only shortening the housing but also getting custom shafts made. Those axles are probably full float which means you will have to get 8 (or maybe 6) lug truck wheels that can accommodate full float axles. Plus you have to get brake parts, gears, lockers, etc. It'll cost like 5000 per axle by the time its all said and done.

Reactions: Alex01