How is a TJ radiator made?

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
How it the 97 TJs radiator made? Sorry I dont know more about the radiator, but hopefully yall can help me with this.
Im guessing that the thinner cooling fins infront of the main body of the radiator is the air conditioner condenser ?? and the thicker radiator behind the A/C condenser is for the engine and transmission of course. IS that right abou the A/C condenser?

Yes, the thinner one is the condenser. It and the radiator are 2 separate components.
when installing a transmission oil cooler infront of the condenser is there a likelihood that it will interfere with the cooling of the A/C condenser and engine temps ??

when installing a transmission oil cooler infront of the condenser is there a likelihood that it will interfere with the cooling of the A/C condenser and engine temps ??

I didn't notice any difference when I added a trans cooler. It really depends on the cooler. A friend's daughter went through a ditch at a high rate of speed in an F150. I needed a truck 8.8 for my Mustang and also got my cooler off of this.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
This kind of fitting screws into the bottom of the radiator and it seems to be a 5/8” X hose barb but I see it has a flair in it.

3C88E707-A23B-4B68-B7B3-BBDE000D77AF.jpeg

220F238C-C3CF-422E-B759-1C60F84CE7E0.jpeg