How long to change out radiator?

ivarr

2006 tj 4.0
at 116,000 miles things are starting to hit all at once, so when i saw a small leak sunday morning i knew i should just get a new one instead of fucking around trying to solder a hole.

how long to change it out ?

2006 tj 4.0
at 116,000 miles things are starting to hit all at once, so when i saw a small leak sunday morning i knew i should just get a new one instead of fucking around trying to solder a hole.

How's the hose connected to the radiator on the bottom?

Takes not very long at all.

I woufl look for a Mopar radiator if they are still out there, they are drastically better.

If you have a Mopar that is leaking, I’d consider keeping it and seeing if a radiator repair shop can fix it, really, the design is that much better in my limited experience

Radiator only, an hour. This is a good time to do other maintenances like a system flush, thermostat, water pump (maybe fan clutch if weak) and all rubber hoses.

Reactions: g.hayduke

Radiator only, an hour. This is a good time to do other maintenances like a system flush, thermostat, water pump (maybe fan clutch if weak) and all rubber hoses.

That's IF everything goes right. :) Which isn't very likely, at least if I was doing it. :LOL:Personally, I would plan on taking all day to get the job done.:cautious:

Reactions: BlueC