How many here going to buy a new 392 Rubicon?

2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Starts at $75,000 - V-8 Jeep Price (roadandtrack.com)

I'm sure this is in the wrong section, I'm to old to figured out what goes where. lol
I had to laugh at the article when it stated, "Despite the exorbitant pricing, odds are Jeep won't be able to keep up with demand. It's a V-8-powered Wrangler, after all; something people have been asking for for decades".

People may have been asking for a V8 but I doubt any of them thought it would be $75k plus!

My thought is that if you’re spending 75k plus on a new vehicle you either have money coming out your ears to the point where 75k is chump change, or you plan on using the vehicle so much that you are spending half your life in it.

For instance, if I paid 75k for an RV with the intention of living in it, that price wouldn’t make me gawk. However, if I was going to spend 75k on a vehicle to only drive it on occasion, now that’s just crazy (unless you’re loaded).

I get spending a lot for a vehicle, if you’re going to be spending a good portion of your life in it.

Definitely want one, but I think 75k is a little steep. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt though, I don't know how a customer can be invoiced for it already if Jeep hasn't officially announced pricing yet. It doesn't make any sense for it to cost more than the TRX especially given the TRX has the supercharged motor and the Wrangler 392 is a naturally aspirated engine. The TRX is a bigger body, heavier chassis, stronger axles, just more of everything.

On other FCA products where you can get the 3.6 pentastar, 392 V8, and 6.2L Hellcat motor, you can get a pretty good idea of where the costs should be. I saw estimates putting the Wrangler 392 at around 65k previously based on educated guesses and at that price, sure. I'm interested. 75k seems to be a big ask for what you're getting really.

Will definitely buy one at some point. It's something I've wanted for a very long time. Where Jeep puts the pricing will determine how quickly I get my hands on one, and whether it's new or used.

could they have put a smaller fucking tire on this thing? Looks ridiculous

392.jpg

You’re paying for the novelty this early on. Let things calm down and hopefully FCA comes to their senses and puts a 5.7 in it and drops the price significantly. Although, MSRP will still probably start above 50k which is crazy

Based on the projected cost of an optioned out new Ford Bronco, 75K seems about right.
My thought as well. 75k seems right on, and I highly, highly doubt these things will depreciate much on the used market.