How many here going to buy a new 392 Rubicon?

A 1/2 a house 😂😂😂 where, in CA that's a down payment. Ok I know in other parts of the US you can buy a home for $200k - $300k

Certainly nowhere in California, but look at Zillow and you’ll see lots of houses for 150k all over.

I have an eye on a house in Kentucky that Zillow estimates to be worth about $78K. Its a nice house in a good neighborhood, albeit older and small.

• Wow
Reactions: Plumber1
I have an eye on a house in Kentucky that Zillow estimates to be worth about $78K. Its a nice house in a good neighborhood, albeit older and small.
I sold a remodeled 3 bed 1 bath for $114k in June. All depends on where you wanna be. Still stuff to buy around here for under $50k and rehab but it’s drying up fast.

• Wow
Reactions: Plumber1
I can’t afford it, but needed at minimum 35’s, Dana 60’s, and rubicon transfer case.

The fact that your buying 75k Jeep that still can’t reliable run 37’s is a little silly to me.

A 1/2 a house 😂😂😂 where, in CA that's a down payment. Ok I know in other parts of the US you can buy a home for $200k - $300k
Escape your bubble! There is more to the world than California. There are definitely nice, clean, livable houses out there for $150k. Not were I live unfortunately.

I can’t afford it, but needed at minimum 35’s, Dana 60’s, and rubicon transfer case.

The fact that your buying 75k Jeep that still can’t reliable run 37’s is a little silly to me.

But I'm happy to do that if I don't need to spend 35k on the engine conversion and then have difficulty with local registration which isn't fond of engine swaps.

This thing will be fine with the tires it's delivered on but I do agree the headroom for larger tires is going to be a lot less, depending on your driving style. Depends on your wheeling though, sand can be very forgiving and it might get away with it. Also, a while back I ran the numbers of the Rubicon Pentastar's torque output in 4:1 4-low and it was surprisingly close to the Rubicon 392's torque output in 2:72:1 4-low. So while I still hesitate to see how it holds up, I think it might not be as bad as we fear.

Yeah I’ve been looking at moving up to the mountains and can get a 2000 sf house with a couple acres for 100k. Vehicle prices are through the roof anymore, I don’t understand how people buy some of the shit they have. There isn’t a jeep made worth $75k. Hell 50k for one is outrageous.

I don’t understand how people buy some of the shit they have.
Most people are in debt, or have no savings. The more they make the more they spend! It's really common for that 'rich' neighbor down the street to be teetering on bankruptcy as they collect cars and ATVs and toys.

• USA Proud
Reactions: AMS417
The real price is closer to $90k after you ditch the Dana 44s and put real axles under it.
The supercharged 6.2 liter Jeep Trackhawk Cherokee which was designed to be launched with it’s 700 horsepower has a 9 inch gear in the rear differential. Arguably a 1/2 ton axle.

Torque split in track mode is 30/70.

First gear is low; 4.71:1

And it holds up with a majority of owners behind the wheel.

Source:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/pdf/2018_wk2_specifications_Trackhawk.pdf

Last edited:
The supercharged 6.2 liter Jeep Trackhawk Cherokee which was designed to be launched with it’s 700 horsepower has a 9 inch gear in the rear differential. Arguably a 1/2 ton axle.

Torque split in track mode is 30/70.

First gear is low; 4.71:1

And it holds up with a majority of owners behind the wheel.

Source:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/pdf/2018_wk2_specifications_Trackhawk.pdf
I don’t doubt that most will hold up with stock tires but unlike the trackhawk, Im assuming most buyers will move to 35s/37s.

Reactions: Fouledplugs