How many miles per year are you putting on your TJ / LJ?

jeep_boss

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
How many miles per year are you puttng on your TJs/LJs?

As for me - I have racked up 16K odometer miles since September 2017 (my Jeep registers 115% of each mile though). I'm pushing 32K a year at this rate! :(

Wow... That's a ton of mileage per year! Good thing you're up on the maintenance.

I put maybe 3000 miles on mine per year, same as my last TJ. I tend not to drive it as much when it's raining, which is basically 9 months of the year.

The other thing is that with two kids under 6, it's not to most convenient in terms of family vehicles. That being said, our Subaru does the daily driver duty and the Wrangler is driven on occasion, mostly, during Spring and Summer.

Reactions: jeep_boss
I have put 12k on my Jeep in the 2 years i've owned it, and its my DD. I have also had 2 cross-country moves which alone put roughly 4k miles on there, so minus that leaves me about 8k annually divided by 2 years which works out to be about 4k a year.

Used to be 60k km, now its about 500 or 1000km... Gotta love a trailer.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Last edited:
I bought my 98 TJ back in 2003 for my wife who was feeling bad about turning the big 5-0...it had about 60,000 miles on it then, it now has 103,000 but I'd guess a lot of that was put on the first 10 years, now I look at the inspection sticker each year and see about 3-500 miles a year tops for probably the past 4 or 5 years. It is a 4.0 with a Sunrider top, stick, has BFG All-Terrain T/A's (31 x 10.5), still looks and runs great-she just doesn't drive it so I do (occasionally)...I've asked her if she wanted to sell ti since it doesn't get used, she says she loves it and wants to keep it...I feel guilty...

You all need to drive your jeeps more (with a couple of exceptions). I put 9000 on mine in the year I've had it. Oh, and the last three months, it's been sitting on Jack stands in my barn! Its also not my primary vehicle...

Reactions: jeep_boss and KCsTJ
Due to the noise level with the soft top up or down, I use the caravan or truck if the destination is more than 20 miles. But I will put 50 on it going no where in particular in a day of riding around. I have 5 motorcycles that had a lot less use since I rescued the jeep from where it sat in a field.
I think about 2000 miles since getting it on the road last april.

Reactions: KCsTJ and jeep_boss