How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

BE7AC83F-69F2-441F-B511-72CEC62B8A41.jpeg

Well, the wife is on the Keto Diet again so she has a hanker-en for Pork Grinds, chicharrons, cracklings.
Its a long process but here we go.
2 pieces leg skin to be boiled and dried for 24 hours, then tossed in salt and seasoning
1 Belly cut in strips, boiled with salt, dried out in the fridge for 24 hours
Then on to the smoker 😎

Well, the wife is on the Keto Diet again so she has a hanker-en for Pork Grinds, chicharrons, cracklings.
Its a long process but here we go.
2 pieces leg skin to be boiled and dried for 24 hours, then tossed in salt and seasoning
1 Belly cut in strips, boiled with salt, dried out in the fridge for 24 hours
Then on to the smoker 😎
😋

Gas grill for normal grilling.

Trager next to it for smoking bbq.

Big chief electric smoker next to that for jerky

Mini chief next to that for smoked sallmon.

I miss my old school weber charcoal grill.

Reactions: B252 and DrDmoney
Gas grill for normal grilling.

Trager next to it for smoking bbq.

Big chief electric smoker next to that for jerky

Mini chief next to that for smoked sallmon.

I miss my old school weber charcoal grill.
Some of the best steaks I’ve ever tasted were at the Weber Grill Restaurant in Chicago IL, birthplace of the Weber BBQ Grill.

I hear so much about the weber smokey mountain looking for a used one to play with
I had the cheap bullet smoker by I think charbroil or somebody for years and it worked but not nearly as well as the weber. I really like it, holds heat/temp better than the cheapo but much more money too. I think the heavier gauge metal is a big part of that. If you can find one give it a try. Many other options on the market too, mine was a gift from the wife. Have done fish, brisket, pork butt, pork shoulder, stuffed jalapenos, ribs, burgers, habaneros, and maybe other stuff I have forgotten.

Weber kettle like a lot of you. If I didn't already have so many accessories for it, I'd think about a PK grill. For smoking I started out w/a PBC. Pit Barrel Cooker, it's a drum smoker. Works really well, except for really long cooks. You have to remove the meat to add charcoal. I just added a Mixon G9 last year. It's a charcoal gravity feed smoker. I use the DigiQ w/it and it cooks like a champ.

Reactions: DrDmoney