How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

Weber kettle like a lot of you. If I didn't already have so many accessories for it, I'd think about a PK grill. For smoking I started out w/a PBC. Pit Barrel Cooker, it's a drum smoker. Works really well, except for really long cooks. You have to remove the meat to add charcoal. I just added a Mixon G9 last year. It's a charcoal gravity feed smoker. I use the DigiQ w/it and it cooks like a champ.
We need pics of the Mixon G9.
what a fucking prick to name it after himself

I bought my son a new model pitboss pellet grill for Christmas it won't arrive until February 11th. He watches alot of YouTube videos about cooking brisket, and chicken wings.

I told him when I get back from Curacao there better be some burnt ends waiting for me.

We need pics of the Mixon G9.
what a fucking prick to name it after himself

It was a factor I took into consideration. The name plate is 4" x 6' too.

I like the Stumps gravity feed as well, w/one exception. The cooking chamber being elevated. I was worried it would topple over one afternoon/evening after a few beers while putting it away.
IMG_20200125_134046959.jpg

Started a little jerky project this morning and now my new GenRight Gas tank and skid showed up so beef jerky goes on the back burner for now, at least I got the first batch done. 😊

View attachment 150428View attachment 150429
What is your marinade or seasoning? I tried some commercial seasoning and it was awful. Now I marinate in 90% teriyaki and 10% soy. Tastes great but I'm not sure how long it will last. My son eats it all in a few days so I guess it does not really matter.

Reactions: MikeM and DrDmoney
I used to slice the meat myself, now I just buy stir fry meat and fajita meat that’s already sliced when it’s on sale.

This is the one I use, sometimes it gets adjusted a little depending on if I have enough of the ingredients.
View attachment 150439

I'm gonna give this a shot. I've been meaning to try jerky and all of the sudden find myself having lots of time on my hands.

I took to making my own bacon about a year ago. Buy the pork belly locally, let it sit in my own cure mixture with salt, cinnamon, sugar, and some other random stuff for about 10 days, then smoke under 200 for 4 or so hours. I enjoy gnawing on nice thick bacon. Plus you can get some killer burnt ends.

bacon.jpg

bacon 2.jpg

I've got a Camp Chef SG smoker. I'm doing some chicken quarters tonight.
20200404_155705.jpg
20200404_165549.jpg

I've also got 2 natural gas Weber Spirits that I bolted together to make a great all-purpose grilling rig.

20200404_155522.jpg

Then there's my Weber mini kettle. Great for searing steaks and camping.

20200404_155646.jpg