How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

Mind sharing the recipe, just got the meat yesterday and going to try this later in the week. Figure good taste in vehicles means just plain good taste right?
I just use different store rubs, this one was ‘the squeal hog rub’ from cowtownbbq.com. But any pork rub will do

But for recipes slather it in yellow mustard, apply a liberal amount of rub and throw it on my Weber Smokey Mountain once it comes to temp. It’s a charcoal smoker, I use primarily briquettes and about 5 fist size chunks of wood, mix of apple and hickory (what I had in the garage).

Went on the smoker around 10pm, smoked at 225-235 until it reached 195 - 200. About 14 hours for the two boneless shoulders I used. The smoke controller / fan makes it easy though the Weber is easy to do overnights without one. Let it rest in a cooler for about an hour and shred!

Reactions: pagrey
Mind sharing the recipe, just got the meat yesterday and going to try this later in the week. Figure good taste in vehicles means just plain good taste right?
I’d recommend Plowboys yardbird rub for pork or chicken. Their bovine bold is great for beef (think smoked chuck roast) although a 50/50 mix of salt and pepper is what I use on a brisket.

If you need a sauce then Blues Hog original is hard to beat, I buy it by the gallon.

Reactions: IPerkWVU and pagrey
Is there a benefit over a Komodo type grill?
It’s my understanding you can get a Komodo type grill that hot on its own. The Webber attachment allows for increased airflow which is needed (in my opinion) to get a kette up to ~700 degrees. I like that the door stays open so you can easily access and rotate the pizza.
That’s just my thought, don’t have either set up

It’s my understanding you can get a Komodo type grill that hot on its own. The Webber attachment allows for increased airflow which is needed (in my opinion) to get a kette up to ~700 degrees. I like that the door stays open so you can easily access and rotate the pizza.
That’s just my thought, don’t have either set up
I’ve got a BGE and I can get it to 1000+ degrees if I’m not paying attention. Lost a few arm hairs over the years. The door would be handy.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I’ve got a BGE and I can get it to 1000+ degrees if I’m not paying attention. Lost a few arm hairs over the years. The door would be handy.

I fucked around for about 10 years making countless pizzas on my LBGE before I smartened up & got a dedicated pizza oven. The Egg is an awesome cooker overall, really good at just about everything but not great at any one thing. The Blackstone pizza oven blows it away for pizza but it’s pretty much a one trick pony. They discontinued them but I heard they’re bringing them back, we’ll see, mine is getting a little long in the tooth so hopefully they do, it’s really just about the perfect mousetrap for the pizza riddle – credit goes to the split fire two stone/spinning stone design which obviates the need to be fucking around & repositioning the pie which is a built in flaw of all static ovens, even the real mack daddy WFO’s made in Italy. Though, they’re propane fired so you don’t get that wood fired’ness to it, so there’s that, but for two-fiddy I’ll never complain :LOL:- I can bang out 60 second full leopard spotted pies all the live-long day with that puppy

The BGE performed well today. Bacon explosion was done the way I like it.

0B78917B-2A47-4F85-B70B-050F7326E7B4.jpeg

3FF313CA-1E48-4AD0-8CDB-C6D2B2013716.jpeg

C8B68156-5FBF-41E5-8438-BB711A2CF28F.jpeg

F8C672F4-6431-4E2D-B5B7-65A323AD80B7.jpeg

D45D01B6-F5F5-458A-AAC5-4745D3BD4AFB.jpeg

2F9F1263-6A15-4519-975C-8EF27E0715B8.jpeg

98FC1497-0E04-400C-9E99-88EAE7CC8062.jpeg

3F13720F-D063-4E42-951F-DD5097604B33.jpeg

Looks good, what are you smoking on? My favorite meal with pulled pork is Nachos
Traeger 20, I think they call it the tailgater. For me, pulled pork is the top of the food pyramid although my smoker has seen a bird or two. I just did pork with some homemade slaw, I'll have to add cheese and chips to the mix at some point.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Vertical Propane Smoker, Love this thing. Wind can play with you a little bit but it is stable none the less.

I’ve had UDS, Charcoal, and Electric.

View attachment 152812

View attachment 152813
I have the same one...did not give it enough time to play but it was a challenge to use and keep temp. I have since got an electric with a PID controller to keep temp consistent and use an Amazen pellet tray for up to 12 hours of smoke,