How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

What grade of brisket did you purchase? Prime, choice, select?
I did a select once and I experienced what you're going through. The less marbling and fat the longer the cook time. The flavor was still real good though.
Walmart: my go to source for quite a while.

IMG_6823.JPG

If I don’t see a plating soon I’m filing a formal complaint.
Hell I thought you were bored with this. I took it off at 198 and it had held there for some time. Not surprising it was overcooked but completely delicious. I doubt I will do butcher paper again and will probably go back to foil.

IMG_6827.JPG

I'll admit I only briefly skimmed through a few pages of this, but there's some tasty looking meat up in here!

I've always wanted to try doing a brisket, but after seeing @Viking Jeeper's struggles I may have to build up my confidence first, LOL.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned one yet, and it's obviously not for smoking but I got a 36" Blackstone flat top and that thing is freaking amazing. I cook just about everything on it anymore ('cept my ribs and such obviously). It puts steaks done on the gas grill to shame.

I love making my own stuff though. My wife got one of those Kitchen-aid mixer things and was thoughtful enough to also buy the sausage-maker attachment, so I've started venturing into making my own sausage, which is pretty fun. Some bacon jalapeno gouda sausage I made:

Attach0_20210131_203830.jpg

Attach0_20210131_203826.jpg

A couple weeks ago I had my first go at making my own BBQ sauce as well. I love spicy food, and grow my own hot peppers, so I made a Datil Pepper BBQ sauce. The flavor turned out great, but it's WAY to thick (almost like a paste) so I'll have to figure out how to adjust the recipe to thin it out without dampening the flavor. It was great on some baby back ribs though!

Last edited:
I'll admit I only briefly skimmed through a few pages of this, but there's some tasty looking meat up in here!

I've always wanted to try doing a brisket, but after seeing @Viking Jeeper's struggles I may have to build up my confidence first, LOL.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned one yet, and it's obviously not for smoking but I got a 36" Blackstone flat top and that thing is freaking amazing. I cook just about everything on it anymore ('cept my ribs and such obviously). It puts steaks done on the gas grill to shame.

I love making my own stuff though. My wife got one of those Kitchen-aid mixer things and was thoughtful enough to also buy the sausage-maker attachment, so I've started venturing into making my own sausage, which is pretty fun. Some bacon jalapeno gouda sausage I made:

View attachment 270501

A couple weeks ago I had my first go at making my own BBQ sauce as well. I love spicy food, and grow my own hot peppers, so I made a Datil Pepper BBQ sauce. The flavor turned out great, but it's WAY to thick (almost like a paste) so I'll have to figure out how to adjust the recipe to thin it out without dampening the flavor. It was great on some baby back ribs though!
all pictures of prepared food are accepted 😋

• Haha
Reactions: ParadoxD
image.jpg
Ordered a Big Green Egg last week and got it today! Got a chicken on slowly cooking at 300° and it’s smelling really good. Gonna put some ribs on tomorrow and see how that does. It’s holding temp really great. I think I’m going to like it better than the treager I had and the stick burner too.

View attachment 270676Ordered a Big Green Egg last week and got it today! Got a chicken on slowly cooking at 300° and it’s smelling really good. Gonna put some ribs on tomorrow and see how that does. It’s holding temp really great. I think I’m going to like it better than the treager I had and the stick burner too.
I love my BGE, it never dries out food. The juiciest meats all the time. Great looking setup.

What made my egg even better was a fan controller for the really long smokes.