How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

It looked like a huge chunk of meat in the packaging but upon opening it flopped out as 2 long flat strings of meat.

I have no idea beyond that.

The thinner parts will be done before the thicker.

Here’s the last shoulder I did. It wasn’t near that big.

18421B08-883C-42D2-AC17-B644B455DA6D.jpeg

Yours looks way more solid than mine.

Maybe I'll restack the pile of meat every few hours...

You have a good thermometer? I’d probe it every so often and if those thinner parts reach 200-205 I’d slice them off and hold them in foil in a cooler while the rest cooks. Maybe others have ideas.

Reactions: toximus
Working on a chuck roast today. It's been cooking at 250 since 8am, just pulled it and placed it in a tray of water and OJ. Going to pull it again once it hits 190, and let it rest for a couple hours. My goal is shredded beef sandwiches, nothing sliced.

made some jerk chicken yesterday with rice & peas and plantains, then used the leftovers today to top a pizza crust I made out of deep fried festival dough for lunch.

Chicken was marinated for about a day & a half in Walkerswood jerk marinade prior to hitting the kettle at 250 for a couple hours, pecan wood was the smoke. Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk added at the grill.

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

IMG_3852.JPG

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3853.JPG

IMG_3855.JPG

IMG_3880.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3899.JPG

IMG_3898.JPG

IMG_3902.png

IMG_3897.JPG

the sauce is homemade, the real deal, soy sauce, vinegar, fresh ginger, thyme & scotch bonnet, ground nutmeg, fresh scallions & onions, dried pimento berries, brown sugar, & enough ketchup & water to thin it out, I could drink a cup of this stuff.

The rice & peas were also pretty accurate including coconut milk, fresh thyme & ginger, scallions & onions, more pimento berries & overnight soaked kidney beans which give the finished dish that red hue.

made some jerk chicken yesterday with rice & peas and plantains, then used the leftovers today to top a pizza crust I made out of deep fried festival dough for lunch.

Chicken was marinated for about a day & a half in Walkerswood jerk marinade prior to hitting the kettle at 250 for a couple hours, pecan wood was the smoke. Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk added at the grill.

View attachment 347334

View attachment 347335

View attachment 347336

View attachment 347337

View attachment 347338

View attachment 347339

View attachment 347340

View attachment 347341

View attachment 347342

View attachment 347343

View attachment 347344

View attachment 347345

View attachment 347347

the sauce is homemade, the real deal, soy sauce, vinegar, fresh ginger, thyme & scotch bonnet, ground nutmeg, fresh scallions & onions, dried pimento berries, brown sugar, & enough ketchup & water to thin it out, I could drink a cup of this stuff.

The rice & peas were also pretty accurate including coconut milk, fresh thyme & ginger, scallions & onions, more pimento berries & overnight soaked kidney beans which give the finished dish that red hue.
Looks great, nicely done

Reactions: John Cooper

View attachment 347334

View attachment 347335

View attachment 347336

View attachment 347337

View attachment 347338

View attachment 347339

View attachment 347340

View attachment 347341

View attachment 347342

View attachment 347343

View attachment 347344

View attachment 347345

View attachment 347347

and kept it authentic with some red stripe............man thats some bitter beer.

she made the mistake of buying a few budweisers at the resort store in jamaica......red stripe tasted great compared to that bud that tasted like it spent a yr in the bottom of some old boat.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition