How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

While I am certainly not in one of the very cold areas right now I do try to consider weather when deciding how to cook. With a steak on the grill I am normally out and in several times over the time cooking to check on things so I decided to try a ribeye in cast iron skillet tonight in the kitchen. It was awesome! I have a glass cooktop stove and they dont recommend using cast iron, I have done it but used the camp stove this time.

IMG_8865.JPG

IMG_8866.JPG

Publix has insane prices, I have no idea how they stay in business. Walmart is so much cheaper.

My gripe with Walmart and one way they keep meat prices down is, it's all precut and packaged before its shipped in from somewhere.

I deal with a local meat market that raises their own beef.

They process it right here. Cut the way I want.

While I am certainly not in one of the very cold areas right now I do try to consider weather when deciding how to cook. With a steak on the grill I am normally out and in several times over the time cooking to check on things so I decided to try a ribeye in cast iron skillet tonight in the kitchen. It was awesome! I have a glass cooktop stove and they dont recommend using cast iron, I have done it but used the camp stove this time.

View attachment 387154

View attachment 387155

I have done ribeye's on the Ninja grill/air fryer and they came out awesome, use it when it is too shitty out to grill or smoke.
3.jpg

4.jpg

Anyone make their own beef tallow? First time tonight as a brisket is on. I think I burned it on a gas burner. Had it on as low as it would go but too hot I think. As its cooling after double filtering it has the look of weak iced tea.

Reactions: Apparition
Anyone make their own beef tallow? First time tonight as a brisket is on. I think I burned it on a gas burner. Had it on as low as it would go but too hot I think. As its cooling after double filtering it has the look of weak iced tea.

i have before but I can’t recall if we did it in a pan in the smoker or if it was on the stovetop.