How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

Few more hours before the pork butt will be done 👍.

IMG_20230212_145005012_HDR.jpg

Weber Smoker/grill (charcoal) when I have the time….A Wally World special gas grill for the crunch times…gas for me is definitely simpler…but I swear it just seems to not hold the flavor like charcoal no matter how much I season…there’s also something cathartic about smoking foods and charcoal grilling for me….Weber Pic with most dangerous game pre-cook…had to lure it with milk and cookies

CFFA78DD-9025-4E3F-A7E2-82F0E36C3C4E.jpeg

Weber Smoker/grill (charcoal) when I have the time….A Wally World special gas grill for the crunch times…gas for me is definitely simpler…but I swear it just seems to not hold the flavor like charcoal no matter how much I season…there’s also something cathartic about smoking foods and charcoal grilling for me….Weber Pic with most dangerous game pre-cook…had to lure it with milk and cookies

View attachment 400018

How did it come out?

the boy requested a buffalo chicken/blue cheese Sicilian pizza for his birthday yesterday so I fired up the kettle on Saturday to hot smoke some thighs for the pie. Did a couple others while I was at it, had 8 eaters in total. Every time I fire up any of my outdoor cookers the beers & pretzels aren't far behind, something about the aroma of burning wood & the outdoor air screams, well, beer & pretzels :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

View attachment 400018

Welcome to the forum!

Just had pulled pork from my pellet grill. I smoked the pork butt low, and slow over night.

What has everyone been smoking?

Nothing for the last couple weeks. Tomorrow doing tri tip and mac & cheese on the smoker for supercross.

I’ve cooked with charcoal in my younger days and swore by it, “you can’t get that sear and char flavor with gas” I would proclaim. Then as I got older and could afford one of those gas rigs I would swear it tasted just as good, I didn’t have to deal with the coals and ash, and instant on/off. Now that I’m older and have less time to stand around and mind the “Q”, I Traeger, it allows me to multi task. I don’t get the same “were you messing with your Jeep” questioning. Instead I get the “OMG that tastes so good and it’s so tender”. By the way my Traeger is kept in my shop so I can push it out the drive door, away from peering eyes, and let it do the work while I mess around with my Jeep.;)

WHAT DO YOU COOK OUTDOORS WITH AND WHY?

I use a Traeger only now. It hasn't let me down and the food seems to taste better.

Reactions: DrDmoney
We've been making turkey burgers. They're quick and easy. This thread reminded me though that I need to go pick up a bag of pellets soon.

My house came with a built in Broilmaster that is plumbed into the house's natural gas. I use that for most of my grilling. I had never heard of Broilmaster when I bought the place. But after doing some research I was pretty enthused my house came with a $1300 grill. Broilmaster Built-In Grill
It gets up to temp quick and keeps a consistent temp. It's great for weekday evenings when I just want to grill something and not make it a massive, hours long effort. I'm about to fire it up tonight for some burgers.

I also keep a good old classic style Weber charcoal grill for when I want to take my time and use charcoal.

I have been using a chest style smoker for almost a decade for when I want to smoke something. But it has seen it's last season so i'm trying to decide what to replace it with. Thinking about a Green Egg, Traeger, or Komodo Joe. It's a tough decision