How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

My house came with a built in Broilmaster that is plumbed into the house's natural gas. I use that for most of my grilling. I had never heard of Broilmaster when I bought the place. But after doing some research I was pretty enthused my house came with a $1300 grill. Broilmaster Built-In Grill
It gets up to temp quick and keeps a consistent temp. It's great for weekday evenings when I just want to grill something and not make it a massive, hours long effort. I'm about to fire it up tonight for some burgers.

I also keep a good old classic style Weber charcoal grill for when I want to take my time and use charcoal.

I have been using a chest style smoker for almost a decade for when I want to smoke something. But it has seen it's last season so i'm trying to decide what to replace it with. Thinking about a Green Egg or Komodo Joe

I have an XL Big Green Egg, it’s a great grill and versatile.

Now that I have my MAK 2 Star I rarely use the BGE and do all my smoking on the MAK.

Just got done my low and slow overnight pork butt. I'm waiting 15 minutes then it's pulled pork time. The picture doesn't do it justice with my hand tremors.
IMG_20230418_125911039.jpg

I've got three choices...

A generic small gas grill, a generic small gas griddle, and a Green Mountain Davy Crocket. The Green mountain is 12 volt, and very portable. Works great boondocking.

Yesterday I cooked St Louis style ribs in my Kamado Joe for just over 3 hours at 300-325. I did wrap part of the time so I pretty much did an abbreviated 3-2-1 style cook at higher temperature. I will always cook ribs like that from now on. I've never had some as tender and flavorful when cooked at 225.

Yesterday I cooked St Louis style ribs in my Kamado Joe for just over 3 hours at 300-325. I did wrap part of the time so I pretty much did an abbreviated 3-2-1 style cook at higher temperature. I will always cook ribs like that from now on. I've never had some as tender and flavorful when cooked at 225.

I live my whole life low and slow.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
Anyone here try those Umai or other at home dry aging wraps/bags? If so, how did it go, and how long did you age it for?

Also, what are you alls thoughts on smoking dry aged beef? Would it add flavor or mask the dry aged goodness?

I've had something similar and to be honest there was too much bacon fat in the cracker. Think of how much bacon fat is left after cooking it now imagine it all being soaked up by the cracker and you eating it. I'm no health nut by any stretch but too much for me.

Reactions: Apparition
I've had something similar and to be honest there was too much bacon fat in the cracker. Think of how much bacon fat is left after cooking it now imagine it all being soaked up by the cracker and you eating it. I'm no health nut by any stretch but too much for me.

That is one thing I considered when watching it.