How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

Sooo many tri-tips today. I did not take one pic of the meat, just the start of the red oak.

View attachment 240967
Looks like we put tri-tip on at about the same time today. Mine was heavily seasoned and cooked indirect on a Webber kettle running 325 to 350 with a big chunk of pecan wood on the briquettes. When it hit 120 it went over the coals for a quick sear on both sides. I about ate myself sick. :)
I made two 3lb tri tips this morning. Smoked them till they hit 130 then seared them on some charcoal about 4 minutes a side.
I forgot to take pics, but this is all that is left. Served it with some lobster mac'n'cheese. Everyone is stuffed.

View attachment 240835
Looks like it was Tri-Tip FTW on Easter Sunday 🏆

• Love
Reactions: DuncLJ
28 pages??? I’m way behind. What’s the consensus so far?

My son was showing me this video. I use my pit boss everyday, and I like it but I wish I had got this instead.
I’m getting tempted to add another smoker. I love the big green egg but I’d like to be able to use it for grilling and have something else smoking at the same time.

Been recommended a recteq 700 and a pitta and spitts Maverick 1250. More research is needed.

I’m getting tempted to add another smoker. I love the big green egg but I’d like to be able to use it for grilling and have something else smoking at the same time.

Been recommended a recteq 700 and a pitta and spitts Maverick 1250. More research is needed.
I've got a grill at my house and my lake house. I'm thinking about getting another smoker and saying oh I need it to bring to the lake.

I don’t want to get disappointed in the amount of smoke. I’m used to the BGE but I want something quicker to setup and more capacity. I can use both at the same time.
Not a bad smoke ring for a RecTec.....

02C56ACD-7CBF-4514-B632-1AED78987A95.jpeg

I will go out on a limb and say having the best pellets makes a lot of difference