How much money have you put into your TJ build?

Hmmm....Just totaled mine up this weekend...Came up with about 5000 bucks, but that includes maintenance parts. Doesn't include incidentals, like paint, welding wire, flap discs, grinding wheels, etc. In mods...probably about 3000. I've had to do some expensive maintenance. A clutch and transmission work, brake, Tires...and I'll be buying new ones again. I considered the first set Safety related (the tires I got the rig with were OLD) so I had to do something. Now...I'm getting tires to fit my lift. Good thing I haven't paid anyone to do work to my jeep...it would easily be double that figure.

Either way you pay. I bought my O3 Rubicon this summer , paid basically 21,000 dollars. I was in disbelief when I was told I'd pay 15-18 plus for one at first .

It was well set up - rock bars, bead lock rims,armor front to back underneath,diff guards
,winch, compressor, cb, tuner,k and n, intake , exhaust system, full size spare with water can ,jack,stereo, lights........and would have cost as much stock since it was low mileage.

Ready for battle....

Well, almost . She had sat up-needed tires, shocks, suspension was shot ...4,000.00 dollars plus later, it's just what I wanted .

Is there a moral? No, just be satisfied , buy one you like , what you can afford, don't strap yourself, leave some money for gas , and most of all, have fun.

I liken these to dirt bikes -I've seen guys buy 1800 dollar bikes and they got 100 dollared to death , and the 4500-5000 they ended up spending would have got em a nice bike.

Best bet is to start with one that's worth the money you pay or mods you do...and keep it kinda quiet if you want to stay married.

I'm right about $7000 as well.
You know why that is, don't ya, @dla? It's that damn Currie V-bumper! But as a friend, I'm willing to help you recoup some of your investment by offering you double what you paid for it. You know...just to help a fellow TJ fanatic out. See what a great guy I am? ;):D

You know why that is, don't ya, @dla? It's that damn Currie V-bumper! But as a friend, I'm willing to help you recoup some of your investment by offering you double what you paid for it. You know...just to help a fellow TJ fanatic out. See what a great guy I am? ;):D

Funny you should say that... those bumpers were probably my best investment of the entire build to date. Picked them up at a bargain basement closeout price once Currie sold all of there remaining stock to Poison Spyder when they decided to get out of the bumper business.

Thanks for the offer though! If I ever get bored with them you'll be the first person I'll call. :D

Reactions: Squatch
Funny you should say that... those bumpers were probably my best investment of the entire build to date. Picked them up at a bargain basement closeout price once Currie sold all of there remaining stock to Poison Spyder when they decided to get out of the bumper business.

Thanks for the offer though! If I ever get bored with them you'll be the first person I'll call. :D
ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u2.png

:D:D:D

The Mustang guys are spending upwards of $10k for just a supercharger kit, that starts to make your TJ mods appear cheap.

The JK and JL parts make our TJ parts look cheap. They're almost double what they cost for our TJs. It's absurd!

I've spent $9,402.91 thus far, but not only does that include maintenance and repair items, it also includes the price of the Jeep ($750). While I was initially shocked when I itemized everything, it actually is pretty much in line with what I figured I'd spend. An E-locker is the last big-ticket item purchase I'll do. Well, that and @dla's Currie V-bumper! (I'm relentless, aren't I, @dla?) :D

Reactions: dla and Chris
I’m at $5300, not including tires, which are a maintenance-mod if you ask me. All in all the $5300 is super cheap and well worth it. I still have $1350 of it waiting to be installed and another $400 to spend soon. I’ve sold some stuff too, maybe $175 worth of stuff. Gave some away, traded some. :D

This question to me is like asking... how much have you spent on food in your lifetime?

I dunno.. but I ate just about all of it and just about all of it made me feel good afterwards sooooo.
This coming from the near quarter mil guy! It’s not about the miles, it’s about the smiles.:)

Reactions: jeepins