How much would this TJ cost in your area?

I might be a bit overpriced then. I'm asking $12,900 for one that I paid $10k for a year ago, but since then I added new tires ($1,500), $800 of upgrades, and spent $450 replacing all the rubber hoses and vacuum pump. No hard top though.

In central TX, $10K

Got mine in New Braunfels from a dealer for $11k (and he did not care to budge on price one cent) two years ago: Solar Yellow 2000 Sport, 4.0L, manual 5spd, full doors, soft and hard top, 31" tires and 80k miles on it. No mods, was nearly spotless inside and out (as much as I would expect a 16 year old vehicle to be), ran flawlessly. Only complaints were the driver's seat has a tear in the side where the vinyl is and the key didn't like staying in the ignition (but would still stay on).

I honestly think even two years ago I got a sweet deal coming from a dealership. The guy probably knew Jeeps well, too as half his lot was Wranglers, most of them being TJs.

For what it's worth this was the guy:

https://www.trophymotorstx.com/inventory.aspx?mk=Jeep&cursort=asc&ordby=year

That might give you a fair idea on pricing. Pretty much everything he had on the lot when I went were all in great condition. If anyone in Central Texas was looking for a dealer I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.