How much would this TJ cost in your area?

scificowboy

I'm trying to get an idea of what a reasonable value is for a TJ with these specs:

2001 Automatic 6cyl with 135k miles, zero rust, no mechanical issues, and perfect body/paint?

Thanks!

I'm trying to get an idea of what a reasonable value is for a TJ with these specs:

2001 Automatic 6cyl with 135k miles, zero rust, no mechanical issues, and perfect body/paint?

Thanks!

I gave a tad over 9K for a '98 with the same mileage, hard top only, average paint and beat tires in B'ham 18 months ago. Seems like that’s the price point in our area.
B286CCC9-BD57-42CF-9DD9-5F1726AAFA08.jpeg

I've seen that price in central IL, but with rust....which is standard equipment in IL (rust that is). I just bought an '05 TJ hardtop 4.0L auto in Salt Lake City for 15k with only 44k miles. So 10k for yours sounds reasonable.

At least $10k up in New England. I looked for about 4 months to try and find a similar TJ and I thought I would be in the $6k-$8k range. Boy was I way off, at the $6k-$8k range there will either be a mechanical issue, rust issue or something wrong that will require a bunch of work.

Thanks!
Depending on model that's going to probably fetch somewhere between $10-20k.

I originally put higher prices in my post based off of the market I was in a couple of years ago. Apparently TJ pricing has come down significantly in the area.

Last edited:
I would ask 11k and take anything north of 9k. Like others have said a dana 44 will add value but, if it doesn't have a hardtop I would deduct 1k from both ends of my price range.