How much would you pay for a salvage title TJ Rubicon?

garagecouple

Hi everyone,

Wanted to know what you all would pay for a 2005 tj rubicon in pretty good shape 140k miles. Runs and drives great and no frame damage etc. What is it worth?

why salvage ?
wtf is damaged ?

where is it? any Rust? is it parts value only?
price the components....

axles
transfer case
engine
tranny

frame
body

interior

the US is huge.... where do you live... I assume it is for sale in your home state

Last edited:
You seemingly left out tons of important information here, as @billiebob mentioned above.

No one can give you a real value unless you give us a lot of details and preferably lots of photos.

Without that, this is like asking us, "Do you think this is totaled?", without providing an actual picture of the damage.

:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

why salvage ?
wtf is damaged ?

where is it? any Rust? is it parts value only?
price the components....

axles
transfer case
engine
tranny

frame
body

interior

the US is huge.... where do you live... I assume it is for sale in your home state

Fully repaired. No rust at all. Was apparently hit and repaired without any frame damage or airbag deployment.

In that case,
$9300

• Haha
Reactions: EJD
Agree, what was damaged? Must have been extensive to total it. Who repaired it? Will an insurance company cover it with salvage title?

Junkyard empire sold a salvaged jk for $70k fwiw

On a serious note, I'd only buy it if it was going to be a trail only rig and I got it for next to nothing. That salvage title kills resale value

Reactions: Daryl and Dcook65
A salvage title makes it practically worthless as a vehicle. Only value to me would be parting it out. So being 'repaired' adds little value to me other than having a few other parts to sell. A totaled vehicle without any frame damage would be an oddity. The frame may have been straightened.

Hard to say. If everything is repaired and you plan to keep it, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be worth whatever a non-salvage Rubicon would be worth. Other than the guy selling it probably got it cheap.

No more than 75% of market value for a clear title'd comparable vehicle.

A salvage title'd TJ-R means allows you to enjoy care-free ownership with regard to usage, modifications, etc without worry of maintaining its provenance. If it's sorted, straight, and a good value, I'd go for it.

A totaled vehicle without any frame damage would be an oddity. The frame may have been straightened.

Not true. Vehicles are totaled frequently, because the cost to repair them is more than the value of them. That said, you're right about them being difficult to sell and worth considerably less. The key is making sure there truly is no frame damage, and getting it cheap. If this is a concern, it can be taken to a reputable body shop and checked before buying it. I've picked up a couple of Jeeps like this and helped friends build them. They knew going into it what they had.

The guy said it was “fully repaired,” “no rust,” “no frame damage.”

All you have to do is start adding up the part out value.

$9,376!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Fully repaired. No rust at all. Was apparently hit and repaired without any frame damage or airbag deployment.

The crux of value for a salvage vehicle is getting it registered and that process is state function, not federal so you need to research what that will cost. The fact it is being sold on a salvage title says the buyer was discouraged by the process and wants out.

I'll bid $1.00 if you cover shipping.

Last edited: