How often do you guys err on the side of practicality versus performance?

So, I find this the long timed debate between "want/need" The best performance mod for ANY vehicle is the one that makes the owner smile and enjoy the trip. If its a college kid, then being able to drive the jeep while being able to get dinner. For the wealthy, any jeep from starwood motors in Texas. (Avg. Price is 55,000) Anyways I am a career military diesel mechanic who lives eats breathes jeeps. So my Jeep is not giant and 31 inch tires is all I want. It has more one of a kind military adaptations on it than most Jeeps. I used my TJ for DD and weekend warrior so when performance comes in is when I need replace something. and the performance is based on budget of my wallet. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Pops
I agree with most of the posted comments on this thread. I believe I'm very practical in my upgrade choices. When something breaks I will try to afford the best upgraded part that I can. But we all build our vehicles for different uses. I build mine for overlanding to get me to camping, backpacking, and hiking destinations. So I try to set my vehicle up for reliability and comfort, without too much fuel economy degradation. It is hard for me to justify much expense in the way of cosmetics and the like.

Reactions: derekmac