• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

IMPORTANT How to add events to the event calendar

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Per a suggestion from @Alex01, I've added an event calendar to the forum which can be found here:

It can also be found in the main (top) navigation for the site as well.

The purpose of this calendar is for people to add events. Be it get togethers, wheeling trips, or even just weekly meets.

The way this works is when you create a thread, you have an option when creating that thread to make an event out of it. Then when someone views the calendar, each event on the calendar will link back to the original thread so that people can discuss it.

So lets say you make a thread about a wheeling trip in the Regional Forums (which is where the event should be). After creating the thread with all the information, you then follow these steps:

Steps to add a new calendar entry:
  1. Create a new thread with all the event details.
  2. Post new thread.
  3. Click "Thread Tools" (this is the ... icon in the top right corner of the thread, next to the "Watch" button)
  4. Click "Calendar add"
  5. Select calendar event date and optional end date
  6. Submit calendar event.
If there is any confusion about this, please let me know. It's very easy to use, and I hope that all of you who plan events will leverage this calendar so that newcomers can easily see up-and-coming events they may want to participate in.