How to build real door armrests

MexiJeeper

TJ Enthusiast
Got tired of the loop door handles real quick. I wanted comfortable armrests. What was available aftermarket didn't suit me. I fabricated these for under $20.00. The foam I used is closed cell that my light bars came packed in. It's very resilient. I'll let the photos do the talking.
DSC06146.JPG
DSC06147.JPG
DSC06153.JPG
DSC06154.JPG
DSC06156.JPG
DSC06158.JPG
DSC06159.JPG
DSC06161.JPG
DSC06162.JPG
DSC06163.JPG

Okay, pure genius!!!

I'm constantly struggling with where to rest my left arm when driving. The TJ defiantly should have come with an arm rest like this from the factory. You my friend are a very savvy individual to have come up with this. Definitely need to add this to my list of mods!

Reactions: TNGatorBrad
Thanks Chris. If you do decide to to this only have to remember to close your door with the front seats in the locked down position. If the doors are closed with the seats in the forward tilt position say to access something on your back seat the armrests will be pinned against the seat. This is how I discovered why the Jeep designers used a loop handle. Funny but someone on another Jeep forum told me to just roll down the window and rest my arm there. Works especially well when it's raining.

Thanks Chris. If you do decide to to this only have to remember to close your door with the front seats in the locked down position. If the doors are closed with the seats in the forward tilt position say to access something on your back seat the armrests will be pinned against the seat. This is how I discovered why the Jeep designers used a loop handle.

That makes perfect sense. I didn't think of this until now, but I guess now we know why the Jeep engineers used a loop handle instead. Still, that loop handle leaves something to be desired.

I like this mod. Very cool.