How to disable emissions on a TJ without check engine lights

Watering lawns, What's that? Lol

I heard at one point (not sure if it's true anymore) they had them in California during the drought.

i assume this person can also repair TJ PCM and If was one of original engineers will be a useful source to keep the TJ going

He can't repair them hardware wise, but he can take a used one (or remanufactured one) from another vehicle and program it to your vehicle. Dealers usually won't do this anymore as the TJ is too old.

All it takes is a phone call to the DMV with a plate # and a complaint from some tree hugger in his Prius following you and you may find a surprise next time you go to register your rig for the year. I can't wait to move out of this god forsaken state! I bet this would be cool for those that want to do an AW4 trany transplant.

Ha... yeah, I don't doubt in California there's a lot of environmentalists who are taking things way too seriously!

I feel your pain though. They're all coming up here to Oregon, and now some place like Idaho or Wyoming is looking really nice!

And that's why we ruled Oregon and Washington out ... just too many Californians and their idiot ideas.

I escaped the People's Republic of California 13 years ago to a Red state. (15 years ago for my Delorean due to draconian smog.laws) . It was to be Oregon but they are California North- but I have 2+ acres for sale in Coos Bay if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Blondie70
Never got into any legal ramifications over it, but on my old '80 CJ5, I messed around somehow and ripped a big chunk out of the bottom of the catalytic converter. So, me being me, I just replaced it with a piece of straight pipe and went about my usual business. A few years later and in a different state, I went to have a muffler shop put new pipe and muffler on it. As soon as they saw the converter was missing, they told me to take it and not bring it back unless it had a converter on it. Some folks just have no sense of humor.

Reactions: Blondie70 and Chris
Yep, Oregon and Washington have sadly been taken over.
I know it's an older thread, but forewarned is fair play.... Idaho isn't immune to the virus that has taken over CA... The South West portion of the state has already fell victim to the illness... Central and Eastern not so much, I can't really speak to the health of Northern Idaho, I don't make it up there other than passing through on my way to Skagit County to go camping with friends once a year.

Reactions: Chris
I can tell you in ca that you can pass emissions on 2000 (I believe) and newer vehicles with omitted emissions components so long as you pass visual and don’t have any codes. My Bonneville passed smog with no cat but the rear O2 sensor was turned off with a tune.

Call it anything you want, flagrant disregard of the law and drive home drunk is childs play compared to premeditating ways to screw laws you don't understand. VW just paid millions for doing what your post instigated Chris. I thought you were smarter. You started this thread. Got a gun? I hear over 50% of gun crimes in the US are suicide. My guess, the internet is number 2.

Call it anything you want, flagrant disregard of the law and drive home drunk is childs play compared to premeditating ways to screw laws you don't understand. VW just paid millions for doing what your post instigated Chris. I thought you were smarter. You started this thread. Got a gun? I hear over 50% of gun crimes in the US are suicide. My guess, the internet is number 2.
I don't believe he started this thread as a means to circumvent emission laws. He even put a disclaimer at the bottom of the original post. The fact that there is someone available for us to turn to with programming issues is the biggest take away for me. From what I have learned reading about Dave, he would be able to custom tune for what ever "legal" or "off road only" modifications you have, ie; super charger, turbo, injectors....etc. You can modify and still meet emission standards with a proper tune... Just my 2 cents✌

From what I have learned reading about Dave, he would be able to custom tune for what ever "legal" or "off road only" modifications you have, ie; super charger, turbo, injectors....etc. You can modify and still meet emission standards with a proper tune
Hope you are right, every year the laws trend stricter. And they dig deeper to find people to jail.

One of the things he can do with is software is disable the emissions on your TJ.

This is the killer line.. Exactly what cost VW millions? or was it billions?

And that's why we ruled Oregon and Washington out ... just too many Californians and their idiot ideas.

Georgia that’s were I just bought my new place 2 more years in hellifornia and I am gone hate this place now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk