How to disconnect airbags for maintenance

Ericict

I don't proofread for your enjoyment.
Supporting Member
Our Jeep comes back from the paint shop on Friday. My seats are still at the shop being re-upholstered. I will have it towed to the house to start adding parts. My question is, once I add new lights and other electrical items, how do I power the jeep to ops check them without the seats installed?
With seats out, the airbag sensors in the seats are not in so I am sure I will get a airbag code that will need to be reset. I don't think my scanner will reset the airbag code so I am wanting to avoid having to pay to have it reset. Is there a way to trick the system? TIA.

I'm pretty sure TJ's don't have airbag sensors in the seats. Someone will be able to chime in that knows for sure though.

I'm pretty sure TJ's don't have airbag sensors in the seats. Someone will be able to chime in that knows for sure though.
I wasn't sure if the weight/occupant sensor was tied into the airbag system. If its not, its nothing to worry about.

A TJ has two bags, a clock spring, and a controle module which is mounted to the trans tunnel under the center console. The only thing the seat belts connect to is the driver seat has a wire that will light the seat belt reminder on the dash. It does not in any way connect to the SRS system.

Reactions: Ericict