How to drive home if your ignition pin actuator breaks

Hey can you look at my newest thread? I read through this thread and I want your opinion because I got my jeep to start with a wire but it was from the battery to the electrical connection thing on the starter. I don't have a super good mechanical understanding and I'm quite confused about the paper clip thing you were talking about and how to go about doing that. I really want to diagnose my issue so it would be greatly appreciated.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ical-connection-of-starter-to-start-tj.66436/

Sounds like either bad ignition switch contacts, dirty harness wiring connector or melted wiring.
When you remove the two plastic clam shells surrounding the steering column to access the ignition switch; inspect the harness wiring and connector.

Removed clam shells.

Sounds like either bad ignition switch contacts, dirty harness wiring connector or melted wiring.
When you remove the two plastic clam shells surrounding the steering column to access the ignition switch; inspect the harness wiring and connector.

Thank you for your reply.
Remove steering column clamshells.
Inspected wiring and harness connections to starter switch.
All looked good. No sign of shorts, broken connections, dirt, etc.

Replaced ignition acuator unit and starter switch. Same problem. Turn key to start. Nothing. Hold in start position after about 20-30 seconds it starts. Starts fine rest of day unless sitting all day.

Replaced starter relay. Didn’t help.

Let sit overnight. Jumped the relay. Started right up. Then immediately tried to start with key. Had to hold 20-30 seconds.

Is there something between the starter switch in the steering column and the starter relay? Hopefully not the Power Control Module (computer board). It’s actually relatively new.

I had this problem recently too. Didn't have the T10 security Torx bit but do now. As soon as it happened, thanks to this thread I knew immediately what the problem was. Towed the Jeep home (not far) and ordered the parts from Amazon. I then went to the parts store and bought a security Torx bit set. Removed the switch and used a screw driver to start it and pull it into the shop. Installed the actuator and a new switch the other day and it started up and ran fine. I'm going to keep a security Torx set and the old switch in my tool bag. Might even pick up a spare actuator. Worst case scenario I can unplug the switch and plug it into the spare switch and then start it with a screw driver to get home.