How to I make PCM and factory gauges work with 4.2 YJ alternator?

Austin850

2000 Jeep Wrangler tj with a 4.0 I’m installing the alternator the alternator is a 4.2 out of a yj 1988 it has a built in regulator and from what I understand the Jeep in 2000 Ecu has a built in regulator so how do I make the Ecu Or factory gauges work with the 4.2 alternator??

Pardon my ignorance, but why are you using the yj alternator instead of the tj alternator?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pardon my ignorance, but why are you using the yj alternator instead of the tj alternator?

I swapped my Jeep from a 2.5 to a 4.0 with a aw4 so I loved the motor fwd so I would have stock drive shaft... now the alternator won’t fit so I moved it up on top of the motor and the only one that would work is the older style alternator

I swapped my Jeep from a 2.5 to a 4.0 with a aw4 so I loved the motor fwd so I would have stock drive shaft... now the alternator won’t fit so I moved it up on top of the motor and the only one that would work is the older style alternator
You moved the whole engine forward just so you could retain a stock driveshaft length?

What about radiator, shroud and fan? Does that still fit?